Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Husband Tag

I was tagged by my good friend Erin. We go wayyyyyyyyyyy back!!

What is his name? John
NICKNAMES? Johnny Lingo, Juany Lingo, Wendell, Johnny Cat
How long have you been married? Almost 16 1/2 years
How long did you date? 1 year
How old is he? 38
Who eats more sweets? I totally do. NO question. His idea of sweets is potatoes and gravy or Mexican food.
Who said I love you first? I can't remember. I must be getting old.
Who is taller? He is.
Who can sing better? I think he would say that I do. He is a good singer, but pretends like he doesn't know how to sing.
Who is smarter? John is totally smart. I have rocks for brains. He is way smarter than I am.
Who does the laundry? I do, over and over and over and over.
Who pays the bills? I do
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If looking at the bed he does.
Who mows the lawn? John does. I think I have only mowed it twice.
Who cooks dinner? I do or we go out. John is a GREAT cook, but is usually not home at dinner time. He cooks some mean Mexican dishes and great breakfasts.
Who drives? He usually does.
Who is more stubborn? I am 100%. I think it runs in my family.
Who kissed who first? No comment. Hee Hee.
Who asked who out first? He called to ask me out and I had a date with someone else that I did NOT want to go with. I wanted to break the date and my mom told me I better not. I was afraid he would not call back.
Who proposed? He did. He froze the ring in an ice cube and put it in my drink. He was afraid that I would swallow it or break a tooth on it.
Who has more siblings? I DO! He married into the "crazy" family. I have 12 siblings and he has one! What the heck! I think he is still trying to adjust to the crazy. I think sometimes he wishes we could "dial the crazy down a notch". He is always amazed about how we can hold three different conversations at once.
Who wears the pants? I completely do. Poor John probably feels like he married my dad!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That was fun to read. If your like me, there are times it seems like it was just yesterday we were dating and then times that if feels like we have been together forever. Time flies!

Tai said...

Okay, I am in need of a good Heidi conversation. It is pretty bad when I am sitting at the computer laughing and everyone else in the room is looking at me like I am a moron. I don't even know what was so funny. I guess you just make me laugh!! Oh wait it's 11:00 maybe that is the problem. It's dingy hour!!