Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Stone Age

Well I feel like I am back to the land of the living. I recently had a computer problem and was unable to use it, and I also had my van in the shop for about 4 days. I felt like a prisoner in my home. The whole van thing was kind of a fiasco and I was definitely starting to lose my patience. We took the van in to be looked at because it would vibrate when you were stopped. They checked it out and told be one of the motor mounts was broken. They had to order a part for it. So, when I went to pick it up I paid about $200 and was told that it was still vibrating a little. Number one-- I was already bugged about the price and Number two-- I just want it to STOP vibrating, that is the reason I brought it in. I paid and went out and started my van. It was vibrating SO bad. I turned off the van and marched right back into the shop. I felt like I was foaming at the mouth I was so mad. I went in to the guy and said, "You didn't even fix it!" I just told him I would talk to my husband and I left. I was so mad on the way home I had to pull over so I could call the company back and complain to a "big wig". After giving him a piece of my mind (I told him that I paid $200 for "crap work") he asked me to bring it back the next day. Long story short, they had to replace the other motor mount and another part. They sold me the parts at cost and free labor on one and half price labor on the other. The last time I went in to pick it up they walked me out to the van to make sure it was perfect and just what I wanted. I'm pretty sure they didn't want to set me off again. I think the reason I was so mad through this whole thing is because they originally just tried to get me out the door with it not being done right. I hate going to mechanics. Half the time I have no clue what they are talking about and they treat you like you are a total idiot. Good Times!! My kids wonder why we just don't get a new van, I have to explain that it is paid for. I'm pretty sure they aren't catching what I am saying. There is a good ending to the story, my van now runs like a dream. I talk nice to it and hope that it will last me many more years.

No comments: