Saturday, March 21, 2009

Concert


Last night I took Riley, Brynn, and their cousin Madison to the David Archuleta concert. When I found out about the concert I called the radio station to find out how to get a ticket. They told me that I could buy them online the next morning starting at 10:00 a.m. I got online at 10:00 and bought 4 tickets. I got right back on to buy some tickets for my sister, and they were sold out. The concert sold out in 4minutes. I couldn't believe it. Yesterday morning at 7:00 a.m. people started standing in line to get in because it was not assigned seating. I just about died when I heard that. 7:00 A.M.!!! There was NO way that I was about to camp out all day just to be up close to the front. I mean I love my kids, but get real!!! Anywhoooo...we got to the Civic Auditorium at 5:00 (the concert didn't start until 8:00). So we had a lot of time to kill while we were in line.
Riley, Brynn, and their cousins Lindsey and Madi waiting for the concert
The long line to get in.

While we were waiting in line, the girls were FULL of energy (along with several hundred other girls). The channel 6 news van pulled up near us and decided to film Riley, Brynn, and Madi. The news anchor had them yell, "David Archuleta" and they were happy to do so! They ended up being on the 10:00 news last night. Pretty funny!
The girls could hardly contain themselves when the concert started. There was a lot of screaming going on (this old fart could have used some ear plugs). It was a great concert. He has an amazing voice!
The concert

2 comments:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Super mom on the prowl!!! What a fun thing to do with your girls! Way to go Heidi. It wounds like everyone had a great time and by the pictures, they sure did!

Erin said...

I always knew you would be a COOL Mom!!!! Just make sure you tell all their friends so they never forget that YOU are the cool mom!!!