Monday, April 6, 2009

When life hands you a lemon...

We woke up Friday morning to see the snow coming down. It was snowing hard, and it didn't stop until probably noon. We received about 5 1/2 inches of snow. Before the kids left for school, I once again pulled out hats, gloves, and boots. Hoping that this was our one last hurrah, Haley and I decided to go out and enjoyed the snow.

I put Haley on a sled and pulled her around the neighborhood. She thought that was a lot of fun. When we got back home, I shoveled a "road" for her tricycle. She liked driving her tricycle all around the driveway in the snow. When she got bored with that, we built a snowman. It was fun spending time outside with Haley. I just hope that next time it is warm and sunny.


Haley filled the mailbox with snow and put the flag up. I had to get it out before we went in so the mailman wasn't left a surprise.


Haley loves to ride her tricycle...in ANY weather.




Haley is holding hands with her snowman.

4 comments:

Jennifer Boston Mendenhall said...

I love the picture with the splash.

Tai said...

Aren't you sick of the cold weather? Mike and I went to Vegas last week and it was nice to get a little gllimps of what warm is like!! I have had fun today catching up on all your posts. I guess it has been a long time since I have been in the blog world!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Wow, I don't miss that weather at all. It makes me tired just looking at all the hard work, but I must say it looks like fun spending one on one time with cute little Hailey. You're such a good mom Heidi.

NatureGirl said...

Please do not wait until the kids are in school. We have been doing this since #2 baby was born! This just happened to be a day trip. We take our anniversary overnighter every year! It isn't a luxury in a marriage...it is essential!!!