Sunday, August 23, 2009

Jenny Lake

Saturday we went to Jenny Lake in Wyoming. It was such a beautiful drive. The weather was just perfect for the outing. When we got to Jenny Lake we took at boat ride to some trails that led to Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point. Then, we hiked to both locations.






This is where the boat dropped us off.



Hidden Falls.




Inspiration Point.












There are so many beautiful mountains and trees there. How could anyone see that and not believe in God?

John is pointing to the top of the Teton...where he just recently hiked.

On the center of this picture there is a patch of snow. My kids thought it looked like a map of the U.S.A.


Haley is enjoying a chocolate bar that was left in the warm car.

Riley clowning around making us all laugh with her crazy faces. Here she is with a set of binoculars.

4 comments:

Jill and Jer Sorhus said...

Such beautiful pics! I love the waterfall! I don't even recognize your kids they're so big! However, Riley does look and awful lot like you!

Erin said...

My kids were just there for youth conference. It is so beautiful! Looks like you had a great family day.

Emily said...

What a fun family adventure. Wyoming is so beautiful. I miss the grand tetons. I love the picture of John touching them! Enjoy the rest of summer....my girls started today. Tell Johnnie and the sprites hi for us!

Tai said...

Where in the world is that in Wyoming??? That is definitely not the Wyoming I know. I have never heard of that place! It looks beautiful!! What a fun little vacation!