Monday, November 9, 2009

Halloween Festivities

We had a family Halloween Party at the church the week before Halloween. It was a fun day with delicious soup, homemade bread, and dessert. The kids played games and showed off all the costumes.

Jace is one scary little mummy.

Haley dressed up as a sweet little ballerina. (She has a Reese's peanut butter cup in one hand and a cookie in the other. Good grief, she is just like her mom.)

Some of the grand kids in their CRAZY costumes.

All the adults were good sports and wore costumes too. I dressed up as a Wal-Mart shopper (complete with pajama bottoms, ugly hair, you know the scene). We always get a good laugh at all the creative costumes. My little sister, who just so happens to have 9 kids, was the old woman in the shoe. Too funny!


Later in the week, Haley and I went to the grade school to help in Brynn's class for her class room party, and also to see Jace in the costume parade.

Haley in Brynn's class.

Brynn's class party.

Jace during the costume parade.


On Halloween night, I didn't want Haley to get cold, so I convinced her to wear something warm. Haley is all about looking pretty, so I had to do some major talking to get her to wear this costume. I promised her that we could make sugar cookies and decorate them. She liked the idea, and wore the warm costume.

Little miss Haley frog.

Haley liked to be the first one at the door so she could ring the door bell. She was always on a mad dash to get there.
Brynn was just not in the mood to dress up (she must be getting too old). I told her that she better put something on. She just slapped that wig on her head, and was good to go. Works for me!


Hitting the neighborhood.

6 comments:

Erin said...

Fun! I forgot to get pictures of my kids on Halloween....not sure how I did that. Sydnee and some of her co-workers dressed up like the people of walmart also. It's crazy to see all your little sisters with babies. When did we all grow up?

Tai said...

Cute costumes. I love the woman in the shoe, very creative. Exactly how many kids do you have to have to get to be that???? I feel like that and I only have four...hmmmmm???

Rebecca Talley said...

Fun photos.

I love dressing up for Halloween and making Halloween treats--one of my favorite times of the year.

NatureGirl said...

Really cute! Hey that's my curb....

Curtis & Nichole said...

Love the family halloween pictures!!! Sorry we missed it:( bumber

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Very creative mummy. I personally like the ballerina. Very cute pic of the last pic in the street. Looks like they had fun!