Monday, January 11, 2010

Award


My dad received an award the other night from BYU Management Society. There was a banquet held in his honor. We went to the Hilton where we were served dinner and watched my dad receive the award. It was nice hearing stories about my dad. He has always been such a great example to so many people. He is so well known and loved in the community. I'm sure lucky to be his daughter!

My sister Lori was asked to introduce my dad. She did a great job. I know that I wouldn't have been able to keep it together. I am such a bawl baby the older I get. It drives me a little crazy.




The award is made out of granite. The granite just so happens to be granite left over from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. On the side of the award it says, For Moral and Ethical Leadership.

Some of my sisters and I were asked to sing. We sang three songs. (Two sisters live out of town and were not able to come).

5 comments:

Heather Davies said...

Jeez! I wish I would have come! I didn't realize what a big deal it was. It looks like it was awesome. I talked to Mom and she told me some things that were said. Dad is a great man!

Tai said...

What a great award for your dad to be given! I am sure you and your sisters did a great job singing!

Erin said...

That is really cool! Your parents look great!!! It's always nice when others see what we see in our family members. Your dad is a wonderful person and well deserving of an award like this! Congratulation to him and all your family.

Ashley and Cody said...

What a great award. Your parents sound like really neat people. Your post on John's birthday cracked me up. What a fun idea. Sounds like you are always doing something fun!!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

What a moment to share with your dad! The arrangements look so nice and granite awards! BYU is stepping it up! Su-weet!!!