Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there! It is definitely the toughest job out there! I am so blessed to have (in my opinion) the BEST mom on earth! I LOVE MY MOM!! I have no idea how she managed to have 13 kids without spending a few days in the mental hospital. She NEVER ceases to amaze me. She can work circles around people! She would give you the shirt off her back! I just don't know that I have ever met someone with more charity toward EVERYONE!! John has said a time or two that he thought he was marrying someone like my mom, but instead he married my dad. Let's just say....Dad and I have a little more fight in us! Ha ha!

Can I just say that I love being a mother! My kids are so great! Yes, they are not perfect, and there are days that I want to kick their ever-lovin-butts. But, I STILL LOVE THEM!!

Last year I gave my kids a quiz about mothers. I found another quiz about mothers and thought I would see what my kids had to say. I had to bite my cheek not to laugh during some of their answers.

1. Why did God make mothers?
Riley- To take care of families.
Brynn- To have children, so he could create the world.
Jace- For Families
Haley- So people would have a family.

2. How did God make mothers?
Riley- With his finger...I don't know. What kind of a question is that???
Brynn- He sent Adam and Eve to have children.
Jace- With bones
Haley- With his power

3. What ingredients are mothers made of?
Riley- Love
Brynn- Love...ha ha ha, sugar, and honey...ha ha!
Jace- Love
Haley- Meat (Ha ha!! Some of us have a little more meat then others!)

4. Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
Riley- Because we have the same personalities.
Brynn- Cause he knew I deserved her.
Jace- Because he knew that you were the mom for the job.
Haley- Because I wanted her.

5. What kind of little girl was your mom?
Riley- She was a fun girl.
Brynn- An obedient little girl.
Jace- Rich (Ha ha...so not true)
Haley- Sweet girl

6. What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
Riley- If he was Mormon.
Brynn- If he was good. If he went to church.
Jace- If he went to church
Haley- About kids

7. Why did your mom marry your dad?
Riley- Because she loved him.
Brynn- Because she loved him.
Jace- Because he loved her and she loved him.
Haley- So she could have kids.

8. Who’s the boss at your house?
Riley- MOM
Brynn- My mom. It depends.
Jace- Um….mom and dad.
Haley- Dad

9. What’s the difference between moms and dads?
Riley- ha ha ha...girls are more caring.
Brynn- Oh that's kind of gross. (Ha ha What the crap?)
Jace- Moms have lip stick
Haley- You have dresses. Dad doesn’t wear dresses, he would look like a maniac.

10. What does your mom do in her spare time?
Riley- Cleans and takes pictures
Brynn- Watch Oprah
Jace- Lay down
Haley- Play games

11. What would it take to make your mom perfect?
Riley- Less cleaning....that would be nice.
Brynn- More spare time.
Jace- You already are.
Haley- For you to listen. (Okay, I’m a dirt bag)

12. If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
Riley- Let me do more stuff.
Brynn- Maybe a little less of a clean freak.
Jace- Nothing
Haley- To be nice. (Ouch)

4 comments:

Heather Davies said...

haha, your kids have some classic answers! Luckily my kids can respond very well to this quiz. If they could who knows what they'd say! :) Man, are you a slave driver or what? :o)

NatureGirl said...

Sometimes I have a hard time being nice and I do not always listen...but I am pretty dang sure that I can clean less if needs be!!!

Emily Andrus said...

That quiz is hilarious. Great idea. It is so smart to hold onto those things, or put them on your blog so you don't forget.
Your mom is pretty amazing, and I think it's funny that John said he married your dad. I just think your mom set the bar too high, so what can the rest of us do?
I wish we were in Idaho on Sundays so we could have watched the Amazing Race together.

J and J said...

Love this I'll have try this!