Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Holy Smokes, I forgot to mention....

In my last post I forgot to mention....

Last Friday, on my way home from the hospital (seeing my dad), I was driving my sister Monica home (with 3 kids in the back seat). We were just sitting at a stoplight minding our own business when a guy crashed into the back of us. I was however, watching in my rear view mirror and could see that a van was fast approaching. I could see the inevitable...I pushed hard on the brake as to not hit the car in front of me and started to honk my horn. All of the sudden...BAM! Kick me when I'm down, pour a little salt in my wound. This was the car that we just purchased to replace the car that was totaled when someone hit John. Sheesh!

OLD CAR.....


NEW CAR with the nice new adjustments...Thank you "Mr. Bug-a-boo"...
The trunk is bent and won't open.

Lovely addition to the bumper.


A few days after the wreck, I realized that I had had a headache for several days. I thought I better go get adjusted and popped. I woke up very sore the next morning. Sure does make you appreciate the days that you wake up feeling great!

I guess you could say that we have not had the greatest luck with cars. I tease John because he has totaled 3 cars since we have been married. I WOULD have to say that the most fascinating car totalling is when he hit a moving train with our cute little Geo Metro. That cute little grey car didn't stand a chance!!! How the crap, you are asking...did he hit a train? I know! This story will be my next "Friday Flashback". Stay tuned. :) By the way, none of the "car totallings" were his fault.

Riley is going to be 14 very soon and will be old enough to start drivers education in a few months. Needless to say, our luck with cars may not be much better with a "newbie driver". Can't wait to see the hunk of junk we buy for her to drive. I don't know many teenage drivers that haven't been in some kind of a fender bender in their lifetime.

3 comments:

LMJ said...

oh my word, I remember hearing the story about John and the train when we moved to Manchester!! I rarely drove over those train tracks on Harding St. without thinking about it. we have horrible car luck, too - just of he maintenance (not collision) variety :) and I'm so sorry to read about your dad, Heidi. hope you have a wonderful and memorable time with him at the wedding. we are thinking of you all. take care! Lissi

Tai said...

Heidi all I can say is that I am sorry. Why does life have to be so hard somethimes? I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted! Love ya!

lindygirl said...

Sorry about your bad luck! I totally remember the train incident. Hang in there.
Today at youth conference we sang hymn # 152 and thought you might find these words helpful, as I did: "When life's perils thick confound you, Put His arms unfailing round you. God be with you 'till we meet again." I hope He holds you all up.