Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Zombie Land

Me-n-my-kids
I have been walking around the house like a zombie all day.  It is like my head is in a fog.  My lovely night started with me going to bed a little late, then being woke up at 1:00 a.m. by Haley with a burning fever-- 102.5 degrees. Goody-goody-gum-drops! 

I woke John up to help me, because she was feeling dizzy and I was trying to get her some medicine.  When she got back in bed she needed a cold rag to help cool her blazing hot back.  So, I decided to lay down by Haley for a bit.  She insisted that I tell her the story, "Tuffy the kitten".  That is a story that my mom used to tell her kids when she was putting them to bed.  There's nothing like trying to tell a bed time story in the middle of the night.  After awhile, we thought she was settled and went back to bed.

2 minutes later, Haley is in my face asking if she can sleep with us.  She climbed in and snuggled right up against me.  Anyone that has ever slept in the same bed with a kid knows that once you are in a position, you are THERE for the duration.  After about an hour, my right hip was crying out for mercy.  So, I scooped up my pillow and headed for Haley's bed.

This is the part of the story that I need to apologize to Haley.  "HONEY, YOUR BED IS HORRIBLE! I'M SORRY!"  I would say is was more like sleeping on a rock or a cinder block.  In hind sight, I should have scooped HER up instead of my pillow.  A mistake that will not be made again.  My hips hurt, my back hurts.  It was a night of punishment. 

This morning I was having a very hard time getting out of that awful bed.  I was so tired, I was just in and out of sleep.  All of the sudden I heard the sound of glass shattering.  That is definitely a mom's alarm clock, and I was up.  Jace was in the kitchen trying to make his own breakfast and had dropped a plate that burst into several hundred pieces.  I just knew it was going to be a great day!

Guess it's time to go mattress shopping!

1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

Oh boy! That sounds like quite the torture chamber! Hope you can recover these next couple days and don't have a bunch more sicky-poos!