Friday, March 4, 2011

2 week weigh in....getting close to the finale

I was very very nervous to go to my 2 week weigh in today for the Biggest Loser competition.  I actually dreamt last night that I went to the store and bought a bag of Cheetos and a Sunkist.  I was mad at myself (in my dream) for buying those things right before a weigh in.  Kinda funny that I am dreaming about food.  I'm surprised that the soda in my dream was a Sunkist and not a Mountain Dew (my long lost love).  Anyway....

I think I am starting to hit a plateau in the weight loss department.  Dang.  It's fun seeing the numbers move on the scale.  I guess I am just being very impatient.  I just want the weight to melt off.  I am doing it the right way though...losing a couple of pounds a week.  Why is it soooo darn easy to put weight on and so long and hard to get it off?
So, today, I was down another 5 pounds from 2 weeks ago.  That would be a total of 25 pounds thus far.  For your information, an average 2 year old weighs 25 pounds.  Can I just say, it's nice to get that two year old off my back!! :)
The girl that is in charge of the weigh ins and results always sends out an email (to all the participants) after they weigh in.  Last week she sent not only % lost for the two weeks, but she sent total weigh loss % to date so we could see where we stand in the competition.

I actually came in 1st place last week for the 2 week weigh in (out of 31 girls).  Which put me in 2nd place for the overall standing.  Today I came in 2nd place for the 2 week weigh in, and she didn't post where everyone was in the overall standing.  Makes me really curious!  I hate not knowing, because I am a competitive little fart.

So, I've got 2 more weeks to really kick it into high gear!!  I feel like I have learned a lot doing the competition!  Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

NatureGirl said...

GOooooood LUCK!

Heather Davies said...

You are a machine!! That is so awesome! I'm sure you're going to win!!!! Keep up the good work--25! That's amazing!

Erin said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

The Nelson Nerds said...

Yeah Heidi, good job. I would love to loose 25lbs or more.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

HEIDI!!! Congrats you little BIGGEST LOSER! What a fun competition! I've been off the blog meter for too long. I am so happy for you and it is NO surprise that you are the top 2. You were always so motivated and motivating for us all at the gym. I am so proud of you. Keep up the great work!