Friday, March 18, 2011

Biggest Loser Competition FINAL RESULTS....

This morning I went for the FINAL FINAL FINAL weigh-in for the Biggest Loser Competition.  Can I just say that I am very releived that it is all over.  Toward the end, I knew that I was in the running but was feeling a lot of pressure (from myself only) to finish with guns-a-blazing!  I'm an all or nothing kinda girl.  For 10 weeks I drank NO soda, and I think I had maybe one dessert.  I stuck to the plan of exercising 6 days a week and counting EVERY...LAST....calorie that I ate - EVERY morsel.  I think you have to be dedicated when you need/want to see big results.  At first I will have to say that it was a bit torturesome at times....I'm not gonna lie.  But, after learning about foods and their calories it became second nature.  I could eat!  When you are eating the right things....you can eat lots of it!!  I would exercise, so I could eat more.  But, I would also exercise because I felt so good afterwards. 

All together I have lost a total of 29.2 pounds and am still on track to continue in my weight loss journey.  I want to lose a lot more.  I will lose more.  I must lose more, because I am still sporting my B.I.F.  What the heck is a BIF?  It is a "butt-in-front".  I think I was blessed by the "A" side of the family.  My sweet Grandma Vea had a bit of a BIF and she passed it on to me.  Thanks Grandma!  Yes, I have been asked when my baby is due when I am not pregnant.  Can you say "kill"?  I guess you can also have a BIF after you have had children.  Sometimes that belly just doesn't want to cooperate.  Several years ago when Riley and Brynn were very little one of them asked me why I had my pants on backwards.  I looked at them puzzled and told them that they were on right.  She came back with, "Then why is the big part in the front"?  Yes, that would be the ol' BIF. 

So, back to the competition....the results of the weigh-in were VERY CLOSE, but I WON (by the skin of my teeth)!!!!
The top 3 standings for total % weight loss were....
1st place – Me – 14.51%
2nd place – *** – 14.22%
3rd place – *** – 13.78%
So, you can see that it was a really close race.  The prize money for the winner was $272.00, which I will be spending on ME!  I could certainly use some new clothes, but don't want to buy any yet.

I guess you could say that I am the Biggest Loser/Winner!  I lost and I WON!

10 comments:

lindygirl said...

Congrats!!!! Good work.

Jill said...

Seriously, so inspiring!! And I'm laughing about the BIF too. You are so funny.
Congrats on winning!! and losing. So great!!

Janice said...

Way to go!!! You should be proud of yourself. Sounds like you've been sticking to a great plan. BIF, know what that is especially after a c-section.

Rachel said...

Great Job! That is so awesome, I recently just lost 30 lbs as well doing weight watchers. I can't seem to lose anymore. I know that if I continued to count all my points and follow the program I would lose, but I have kind of lost my motivation. Right now I am just trying to mantain the 30 lb weight loss and then hopefully in the next few weeks start trying to get back on the wagon and lose at least another 20 lbs. I also suffer with the BIF- that is my biggest problem- having 4 babies doesn't help with that.

Heather Davies said...

YAY!! You are a good lookin' loser! You are looking great, and I'm so excited for you! Congrats! :)

HeidiAnn said...

WAY TO GO Heidi! Very impressive.

Erin said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

J and J said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! So proud of you! If only all of our weaknesses were so visible as our weight that we would all work as hard as you have to overcome them! Kudos to you!

Bobbi said...

I happened onto your blog. I promise I don't stalk you (not all the time):) You are amazing...How exciting! I think you look adorable no matter what...Seriously.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

What a prize for the most dedicated girl! Way to go Heidi! Congrats and all that no soda paid off! You have to be so proud of your success. I certainly am! Awesome!!!