Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Amazing Experience

The last couple of days I have felt a little frustrated with a few things.  More or less a inner struggle.  Today, while I was home alone, I decided to talk out loud to my Heavenly Father.  It wasn't necessarily a "formal" prayer, more like telling him what was on my mind and asking for his help.  I was standing at the top of my stairs while I spoke, and immediately went and got into my car to pick my kids up from school.

On the way to the school, it was quiet in the van and I turned on the radio and proceeded to flip through the radio stations.  It wasn't like I was even listening to what was on.  My mind was too busy, and so I continued to skip through to the next station.

Suddenly, I heard my dad's voice in the car.  As many of you know, my dad passed away 7 months ago after a long battle with cancer.  I instantly got the chills and realized that I was in fact hearing my dad's voice.

Last year, my dad spoke at a BYU-I devotional and they were re-playing his talk on the radio.  I turned the radio up nice and loud and listened to his wise counsel and the tears began to flow.  Many of the things he was saying, were just what I needed to hear.

My Heavenly Father has blessed me on several occasions to feel close to my dad and still receive counsel from him.
 Photo of Douglas M. Andrus

The talk was titled, "The Precious Commodity We Call Time".  If you would like to read it, click here.

4 comments:

Sara Sargent Williams said...

Loved this post, reading your dad's talk and love you!

Kristy and Casey said...

What a neat experience for you.

NatureGirl said...

Grab tissue before you read Heidi's blog...how many times do I have to remind you, leslie...grab tissue! xoxox

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story.