Thursday, December 15, 2011

Congratulations!

Congratulations...
You have Plantar Fasciitis!

It was funny going to the doctor yesterday and having him do an ultrasound on my heels.  He gave me a printout of each.  When he gave it to me I said, "Oh darling!"  Not quite as cute as seeing a baby on an ultrasound.  A few cortisone shots and feet wrapped later, I was out the door and on my way.  I have been dealing with this dang, double dang plantar fasciitis for quite awhile now.  My sweet husband has been willing to rub my feet for me and that always seemed to help.  Hopefully I can nip it in the bud this time (and maybe John will be able to retire for a day or two--hee hee).  I have been doing VERY LITTLE exercising for a long time now.  When I do, I can barely walk the next morning--my heels hurt so bad.  If you have ever dealt with it, you know EXACTLY what I am talking about.  Needless to say, I get winded just carrying my laundry upstairs to fold.  Holy-out-of-shape Batman!  It's crazy how quickly a person can get out of shape.  What a bugger.

I'm not going to lie, it would be nice to be getting a baby ultrasound.  John and I have been trying to have another baby for about 4 years now.  Up until now, I have kept this relatively quiet.  I didn't really want the entire world to be cheering me on and asking me all the personal questions about "When are you ovulating?  Can I come cheer outside your bedroom window?"  I said that previous statement to my mom and she just laughed.  I don't think much shocks my mom when it comes to her dear sweet daughter Heidi. 

For the last several years, when we kneel down for family prayer I have felt like someone is missing.  Weird feeling.  As luck would NOT have it...it has not happened for us.  A few years ago I had my dad give John and I a blessing.  Shortly after that I went and had surgery.  It was basically a laperoscopy with lazer stand-by.  They were checking for blocked tubes or endometriosis.  During surgery the doctor did not see anything wrong.  I have also taken fertility pills to see if that would help.  After the surgery I must have been put on some mailing list that I just had a baby.  I have been receiving coupons for diapers, baby formula, free cans of Enfamil with congratulation letters enclosed.  Why thank you for pouring salt on my wounds! :)  The diaper coupons aren't even helpful as we no longer have anyone in the house in diapers.  Maybe if it were coupons for adult diapers, now that might be helpful.  Sneeze = pee, Jump = pee.  Good times.

Two weeks before my dad passed away, he gave each of his children one more VERY SPECIAL fathers blessing.  I just about cry thinking about it.  I'm grateful that I recorded it and typed it up.  He once again blessed me that I would have another child.  The day before he passed away, I gave him two specific instructions...

NUMBER ONE---When he sees my brother Brian--give him one hard punch in the arm.  (He would occasionally give me a numb arm punch and I felt like one good hard one from dad might get him back).  Hee hee.

AND NUMBER TWO---Find the cutest little boy up there and send him down to me.  (Is that too much to ask?)

A couple of weeks ago I turned the big nasty 4-0.  Now I am feeling like I may have to change my tune and be patient for grand kids in several years.  Also, Haley (my youngest) is 6 and that is quite a space.  This may be too much information, but sometimes I say... "You know you are too old to be having more kids when...

#1---You are too dang tired to try
#2---You can't get any dang privacy
(I'm extremely sorry Riley and Brynn if you are reading this.  You may need counseling later).  :)

Sometimes I get frustrated watching all my siblings getting pregnant without even trying.  It's like they think it is time to have another one and they are already several weeks along.  I often tell myself, "Quit being such a whiner "Nancy" you have 4 beautiful, wonderful children...some people can't have ANY!"  Sometimes it is hard to realize that you don't have any control over something and you just need to learn to deal with it.

I know that Heavenly Father is in control and He sees the big picture and knows what is best for us.  How grateful I am for that!

3 comments:

The Nelson Nerds said...

Well I didn't know you guys were trying/wanted another one.
Did Charise tell you about my dream? It was almost a month ago I dreamed you and a few of your other siblings were expecting? Maybe it will come true!

Heather Davies said...

So, do they have a way for you to "get rid" of the plantar fasciitis? Or will you just have to deal with the pain?
It's funny that there haven't been any boy babies born since Dad gave you that blessing. Maybe there is one that's getting prepared for you! You and John better get your rest and tell those kids to stay in bed! :) haha

Erin said...

Awe I thought this was an announcement....You know Vaughn and I have both felt the missing child at prayer, dinner, doing the child count at Disneyland, etc, but we have decided we are waiting for grandchildren. My dad always felt they were missing a child but it just never happened for them. The day Madi was born he looked at my Mom and said "this is who I have been waiting for." As for getting any privacy with Teenagers FORGET IT!!! It only get worse as they get older. I'm sorry for for your pain (both of them) I really hope it all works out for you!