Thursday, December 1, 2011

For cryin' in a big fat bucket!

Well, it's here.  I'm officially 40!  Good grief!  Can this really be true??  I don't feel 40!  But alas, I look in the mirror and my reflection reminds me that it IS in fact true. 

Age spots, sagging in various locations, wrinkles, thinning hair, tired looking eyes.  My mom always reminds me that life begins at 40
Did she, perhaps, leave something out of her sentence..."Life begins to sag at 40"....or something to that effect?
When I was a kid, I SO remember my parents in their 40's.  And I remember thinking that they were so old!  I can only imagine what my kids think of me.

I was awake at 11:59 pm and watched the clock change to 12:00 am.  I almost said to myself out loud, "How in the crap is it that I am now 40?!"

I don't really feel "40 and fabulous"...more like "40 and farty". 

1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

haha, you don't look a day over 33!! I do remember calling mom an "old mom" when I was in kindergarten. But, she was probably 47 by then--now that's old! ;)