Saturday, April 21, 2012

Waiting up...

Man, sometimes it is hard to wait up for a teenager to come home.  You are so tired and so bored.  Last night, I was waiting to go pick up Riley from a friends house.  I was too tired to clean or do anything productive.  I had killed plenty of time on Facebook and other lovely time wasters.  Lucky John was upstairs in bed, sawing some SERIOUS logs.  So, I decided to "play" with Photoshop.  I chose my April file folder and picked a few pictures to play with.  I just love to take pictures and mess with them on Photoshop. 

The following pictures were taken at our Easter egg hunt this year.  The first two pictures are of my niece and nephew.  The last picture is Haley.  (She was jumping to get an egg out of a tree and I turned the picture sideways, cut her out, and threw her into space.)

Someday I want to take a class and learn more about Photoshop and more about Photography.  I think it would be fun to create wedding announcements, graduation announcements, etc.  It's just fun to be creative.


On a side note...Riley has had her drivers permit for over a year now.  Why doesn't she have her licence you ask...Well..because her mean parents are insisting that she get her Young Women Award in Personal Progress before she can get her licence.  She has never fought us on this.  Lately, she is really wanting to get it done.  She has a goal to get it done in the next couple of weeks, and she has been working very hard!  Although that still doesn't fix the "waiting up bored-out-of-your-mind tired business".

1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

Love the pics! Good job being a mean parent! Kids learn that mean parents are pretty awesome after all! :)