Bob and Lisa own a condo there, on the big island Hawaii. The condo was perfect and just so beautiful. The name of the condos is Hali 'i Kai in Waikoloa. Some of the nice things about staying in a condo... You have a kitchen and you don't have to eat out every meal! HUGE bonus! It seems like you can only handle eating out a few times before you start to feel gross. Also, we had a washer and dryer to use. We didn't check any bags, and were able to pack light knowing that we could do laundry there. I tease John about him saying he didn't need to pack anything, he just needed to wear his speedo under his clothes and get on the airplane!
The condo has a private ocean club and it was simply breath taking!! We happened to be visiting Hawaii in more of an "off season" time. The workers at the Ocean club told us during May and September they don't have as many guests. There were a few times that we had most of the Ocean club all to ourselves. We took food down to the ocean club and BBQed several different nights. We would sit and watch the sun set and then enjoy time in the hot tub. The hot tub had a pebble bottom to it and it was just sooooo relaxing.
I loved when…
- We went to church on the first Sunday there. One of the girls speaking in sacrament meeting (she was probably about 10) got up to speak. She was wearing a fedora and holding a ukulele. She played "I am a Child of God" and then spoke. Loved it. It was something different and very cute. It seemed like everyone was just so low key and relaxed about everything.
- We rented scooters for the day. It was such a blast crusing around every where!
- We went snorkeling a couple of times. I didn't know if I could do it. I am a chicken about some animals and creatures touching me. I didn't like the idea of fish swimming around me and getting too close. Especially eels or something equally creepy. When I first put the snorkel tube in my mouth, I kinda gagged a little. I have easy gag reflexes and was a little nervous. I soon realized that you have to breath slow and deliberately - not hyperventilate. Once I got the hang of it, I loved it!! So FUN!!
- One day we went on a kayaking trip to the Captain Cook Monument in Kealakekua Bay. In order to get to the monument you have to swim, hike, or kayak. While we kayaked in and out we were accompanied by MANY dolphins. Once we reached the monument, we snorkeled for a while and saw some of the most beautiful coral and fish. I was a little antsy wondering if we were going to be joined by a dolphin.
- I have always wanted to go to a luau. Lisa and Bob went home a few days before we left and have already experienced a luau. We decided to go the night before we left. I guess I can now check that off my "bucket list" of things I would like to do before I kick the bucket. It was a lot of fun!
- We sat and watched the sun slowly go down.
- We went and walked the grounds of the Hilton that was right next to the condo. So beautiful, and so much to see.
|Dolphin jumping at the Hilton|
Well, I would like to add more pictures from the trip, but am getting a message that I have reached the limit on Blogger for my storage space for pictures (and I didn't even get to add pictures with us in them) BOO! I guess I better figure out what to do next. Any suggestions? In the meantime, I am going to post this so I don't get further behind then I already am!