Saturday, June 2, 2012

Creative Writing

My kids just finished school and are now on summer break.  As all kids do, they come home with lots of broken crayons, tons of papers, trashy backpacks, old folders, etc. (To say NOTHING of the way that they SMELL when they get home.  I could dedicate an entire post about this). It seems like it takes a little while to look through all their end-of-year things.  I mostly do this to make sure there is nothing I want to keep---in all their piles of c-r-a-p.

As I looked through Haley's things, I came across a creative writing folder that had this little gem in it.  And yes, I made me laugh out loud...


She cut out the above picture, glued it onto the page, and explained the picture with the first sentence.  I'm sure her teacher got a good laugh out of this one.

Yes, John has been a bit crabby with Riley lately. 

In his defence--she often does stupid teenage things (like dance behind a customer at the local grocery store (without his knowledge) while her friend video tapes her and posts it on Facebook.  She got the idea by watching "Dance Dares" on The Ellen DeGeneres Show).

In her defence--she is a teenager and most of the time they just don't think clearly.

Teenager - "When I say I cleaned my room, I usually mean I made a path from my door to my bed."

No comments: