Friday, June 15, 2012

Yep, we're busy.

Summer time is busy, crazy, and also very lazy.  We always seem to master all three.  Never a dull moment around these parts.  (Unless we are being a bunch of lazies.)

Haley is playing on a T-ball team this summer.  I don't think I have laughed so hard in a long time during some of those games.  Sheer comedy.  After one of her morning games, I had to go home and re-apply some make-up.  I cried most of it off watching one of her games.  Too. dang. funny.  It wasn't even her team that was making me laugh so hard.  It was a darling team of little boys.  They would all go for the ball at once, slide to the base when it certainly wasn't necessary, and most of the time were not paying an ounce of attention to the game.  Good stuff I tell ya.  Haley is so cute to watch.  She loves it and is pretty good at it.  She can hit well, and run fast.
She cried all morning about having to wear these pants.
Once she got there she forgot all about it. Funny girl.

Recently, Jace ran in the Hershey Track Meet.  He was fun to watch and did a great job.  He ran both the 100 meter and the 200 meter.  He took 2nd in the 100 and 3rd in the 200.  He is 11 and was running against 11 and 12 year old boys.  I'm sure next year at age 12 we will see good things from him.  He is fast and likes to run.
Waiting for the race to start

Riley has a job this summer working at her dad's office.  It just makes me feel old.  Crap, I hate that.  But, I DO LOVE that she is working.  That means that she cannot sleep all day and be a total slug around the house (teens can be such pros at this). 

I went to the office on Thursday and saw her in action.  I felt old watching her answering the phones.  She used to be paralyzed talking to adults on the phone.  I remember watching her call our neighbor Leslie years ago.  She stewed about making that phone call for a long, long time.  She kept asking me to make the call for her and I refused.  John and I were so proud of her when she actually did it.  The reason for the call was to see if her kids could play night games.  Leslie is not at all a frightening person, but Riley was scared to death to call.  Silly girl.  It was an easy call that she could barely make.  She has come a long way.  Now we just need to buy another car so she can drive herself to work.
First pay check.  Way to go Riley!

I have decided to run another relay.  It is the "To Bone and Back" relay.  It is a total of 40 miles.  I am on a team with 8 girls.  We each have to run 5 miles.  The race is coming up and I am still walk/jogging 5 days a week.  At times my feet hurt and I keep wondering if I have shin splints coming on, but I will be danged if I am going to let that stop me.  It feels good accomplishing things.  The Bone run is on some major hills.  I am, once again, probably going to have a flat leg of the race.  The picture below shows a view of most of the race to Bone.  I will probably be running more in town...that's the flat part.  I wouldn't mind running up there near the windmills.  It's beautiful.  But, has those major butt-kicking hills.  Maybe next time.

Friday I took Riley and Brynn to the doctor.  When the nurse was in the room talking to us, I asked her if she would measure the 3 of us.  We have all been neck-in-neck in height.  I pride myself in being the tallest girl in my family of 8 girls.  Which really doesn't say much.  My sisters are all short.  We VERY recently measured Riley and Brynn, back-to-back.  They were exactly the same.  It seemed like a couple days later, Brynn looked a lot taller then Riley.  We put Riley and Brynn back-to-back and this is what we saw...
Brynn had passed Riley up!  Holy WEED!  So, when the nurse measured us the results were...
  • Brynn - 5'4" 3/4
  • Me - 5'4" 1/2
  • Riley 5'4"
How dare she pass the two of us up!  Actually, I am glad for her.  I've always wished I was a little taller.  Grow Brynny, GROW!

No comments: