Saturday, November 3, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude - Day 3

Day 3 -
I have had some time to think about my day 3 of gratitude.  It is a beautiful day here and I have been out mowing the lawn and sweeping out the garage.  It seems like when you are busy working, you have lots of time to think.  While I was mowing the lawn, I was thinking about how ever year my dad would write a family letter, and send it to all his kids. 

One of his letters I keep in my scripture bag.  There is a paragraph in that letter that has had a powerful impact on me, and has changed the way I think and feel about the Savior.  My Savior, Jesus Christ is what I am grateful for on this day 3.  Here is the paragraph from my dad's letter...

We are being bombarded with the philosophies of men who teach with their learning. There are many good teachings, but there are also many false teachings, and the only way to find truth is by going to the source. We can look at the lives of some of the great reformers like Martin Luther, Calvin, and others, or we can look at Buddha, Mohammed, or others who were great thinkers, lived in poverty, and were great peacemakers, but all of them will have their sins remitted by the only person who can cleanse mankind, and that is our Savior, Jesus, the Christ. These will all confess His hand and bow their knee in His presence. They will also know that none of them can atone for the sins of another. They will come to understand the Restoration of the Gospel and the Keys that bind families together forever as contained in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints through the appointed Prophets called to direct the work on the earth in these last days by the Father and the Son. I express to each of you my testimony that these care correct teachings.

Just like it says in the scriptures, "There is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, on in the through Christ".  I love my Savior and am so grateful for all he has done for me.

No comments: