Monday, August 5, 2013

Breast cancer sucks

An update and some total random thoughts---

Last Thursday,  I met with my oncologist to go over my treatment plan for the next 6 months or so.  This week I will be going in for a full body scan.  Two weeks from today, Monday- August 19th, I will be starting my first round of chemo.

I can't believe I was diagnosed with breast cancer June 18th, surgery July 16th, and start chemo August 19th.  What a difference a couple of months can make.  I feel like I am just still trying to process it all.

I am slowly healing from surgery---(lumpectomy with breast reconstruction).  I am full of stitches, from one side to the next.  It looks like something you would see on a crime scene show.  I didn't have the stomach to ask the surgeon how many stitches it took to complete this "look".  But, now I want to know.

I am moving at a snail pace, BUT I am up and moving.  Sleeping at night has been rough.  It is hard to get comfortable and my back it very sore from just staying in one place all night.

I am starting to be able to move my arms more.  I can do a lot more reaching, but, I drive like a total grandma.

It's been hard seeing all my friends and family go on trips and fun vacations with their kids and we are here at home looking at each other.  I don't feel sorry for me, I feel sorry for my kids.

School is around the corner, so I have something else to focus my attention on.  I hope my kids will step up to the task of doing things on their own!  This could get interesting!

No comments: