Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Flashback...What did she say?!


We always get a good laugh when we talk about a cookout at my mom's house a couple of years ago.  It makes me laugh to hear my girls quote Grandma (my mom) when we talk about it. 

We were roasting hot dogs in the backyard...or according to my mom having a "wiener roast" or "weenie roast".  My kids just think these terms are a little scandalous and hilarious--especially coming from Grandma's sweet mouth.

During our roast, a stray neighborhood dog joined the family party and was trying to partake of some of the kids hot dogs/wieners.  My mom kept shouting, "Hey, that dog is trying to get those kids wieners!"

She didn't notice all the laughter coming from all the teenage grandkids.  They were thoroughly entertained by grandma.

We now like to tease grandma about having a "Weenie Roast" in our "Thongs" (aka flip flops).

Oh Grandma, how we love you!

No comments: