Friday, December 12, 2008

Funny little bug

Haley always says such funny things. She gets really embarrassed when I laugh hard at what she says. She thinks I am laughing at her like she has done something stupid. I have to be careful not to make her feel that way. Here are three of her latest "funnies"...

"Mom, why did Heavenly Father make dad and Jace with tails?" Now how in the world am I supposed to respond to that? I just about laughed my head right off!

"Mom you are getting older. Pretty soon you are going to be my grandma." I must look like quite the "old bag" to her.

A couple of nights ago I told Haley that dad was on his way home from work. She was so excited and went to the front window to watch for him. Cars kept driving by and she was mumbling under her breath, "No, not dad". She was getting more frustrated as cars kept going by and it wasn't dad. Soon, another car went by and she said, "No, not dad.....Damn it!" Once again how am I supposed to respond to that when she has clearly heard me say it. I explained to her that it was not a nice word and she should not say it. I'm surprised she didn't call me on it.

4 comments:

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Tails...that is good. I think I would have responded exactly the same way. I absolutly LOVE when kids say things like this. It's so great that you record them so you can show them when they're 16 and think they know it all.

lindygirl said...

This made me laugh uncontrollably. Especially because I can hear you telling this story. Miss you!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Hey Heidi! I miss a few things about school, but am so happy here too. I miss the snow, but the weather here is pretty stinkin nice except for the 3 months of hell! Even then, you just hang at the pool. Indy has some real bitter sweet memories for me. I mostly miss the Children's Museum and Zoo b/c it was so easy to go to and a lot of fun. Thanks for the Christmas wishes! We hope you guys likewise have a really great holiday. I just love this time of year. It's actually snowing today. Has all day. I think it's a record fall for Vegas! The kids are out building a snowman right now. Brad is taking off a little time, but the problem is this time of the year is the real money maker b/c people have met there ded. and want to get a lot of work done. All my families coming out here, so that will be nice and then we're headed to Brad's family reunion in Island Park to snowmobile. It won't be that fun for me being prego, but the kids will have a ball. They bring up like 7 snowmobiles, so that'll be good. Anywho...Merry Christmas Heidi and please tell Jon and the kids hello!

Love, Chelsea.

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Hey Heidi! I miss a few things about school, but am so happy here too. I miss the snow, but the weather here is pretty stinkin nice except for the 3 months of hell! Even then, you just hang at the pool. Indy has some real bitter sweet memories for me. I mostly miss the Children's Museum and Zoo b/c it was so easy to go to and a lot of fun. Thanks for the Christmas wishes! We hope you guys likewise have a really great holiday. I just love this time of year. It's actually snowing today. Has all day. I think it's a record fall for Vegas! The kids are out building a snowman right now. Brad is taking off a little time, but the problem is this time of the year is the real money maker b/c people have met there ded. and want to get a lot of work done. All my families coming out here, so that will be nice and then we're headed to Brad's family reunion in Island Park to snowmobile. It won't be that fun for me being prego, but the kids will have a ball. They bring up like 7 snowmobiles, so that'll be good. Anywho...Merry Christmas Heidi and please tell Jon and the kids hello!

Love, Chelsea.