Saturday, October 13, 2012

I'm seriously so in love...

...with fall.
I love jackets, fleece blankets, turning on the heater, and cozy socks.  It's just too bad that it doesn't last a little longer! I'm also totally in love with this tree in my front yard.  I think I say that a few times every year.  I love that it sits nice and tall right next to my living room window, so I sit on my couch with a fleece blanket and admire it.  It reminds me of a song my sisters and I had to sing a few years ago...
 
Autumn day, autumn day,
God gives richest gifts today.
Look on ev’ry side and see
Pleasant things for you and me.
Apples red and apples yellow,
Round and juicy, sweet and mellow,
Load the trees till they bend over
And their branches brush the clover.
Child, be glad with all that lives,
But forget not God, who gives.
 I am ever grateful.

2 comments:

Par 5 said...

I love fall too. Mostly because it is the beginning of hoodie sweatshirts. Then, I can let my oreo stuffed belly relax in the comfort of a big baggy sweatshirt.

The Story of Life said...

Amen sister!