Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wiggy

So, I ordered a wig and came in the mail the day before yesterday.  I feel like I look atrocious in it.  It looks like an animal just crawled up on my head and died.  For some reason, I can't seem to get it to fit right.  Maybe it's too small...who knows.  My KIDS all look cute in it, but that doesn't help me. 

I have an appointment today to have a hairdresser look at it.  She said she can cut it, thin it out a little, and help me fit it on my fat head.  I just don't think I'm much of a "wig person".  I have a lot of great hats, thanks to some wonderful friends and sisters.  The picture on the right shows my wig (only mine is blonde).  It is called the "Shannon" wig.  I think I will rename it.  I shall call it, "You gotta be freaking kidding me". 

When Brynn and I were online shopping for a wig, we had to laugh out loud at a lot of them.  They looked SO "wiggy".  I just kept thinking about mama on the show "Mama's Family".  Oh gracious! 

I think I need to order a wig for each month of the year.  My January wig can be white like the snow.  February can be red for Valentine's day.  March, luck of the Irish green.  You get the picture.


How come Riley
can pull the wig-look off?
Not fair!?
I am in a group on Facebook for people with cancer.  I have asked the group questions about hair loss.  Oh my!  I could be losing much more than the hair on my head!  Good freakin' heck!  One lady said she lost all of her nose hairs!  I'm okay with the loss of armpit and leg hair...and that is it.  No eyebrows and eyelashes?  I'm not sure I can pull off that look!  And to be honest, it makes me want to bawl.  Everyone is different in the hair-loss department.  It's just all up in the air right now for me.  Yikes!

Yesterday and today, after my shower, I combed MAJOR amounts of hairs out of my head.  Yes, I cried.  My head is sore and I'm just getting really tired of it.  My next step is to shave my head, and it will be soon.  It's too devastating to comb that much hair out, every morning.  My kids can hardly wait to shave my head.  I guess we will have a little head shaving party.  Although, it doesn't sound like much of a party to me.  I'm grateful that the weather is changing and getting a little cooler.  With cooler weather comes more hats.  Maybe I won't stick out so much.

I had an appointment this morning for lab work.  Everything looked good and I will be going in next Thursday for chemo, Round 2.  They also told me about a class (I can't remember the name of it), "Feel good, look good" or something along those lines.   In the class they teach you how to put on make up and about wigs and such.  I am grateful that they offer a class!  When I think about painting eyebrows on my face I think of Mr. Rogers make believe, Lady Elaine.  Now that is one pretty lady!  I'm sure I will be just gorgeous (said in the most sarcastic way possible).

Exactly 3 years ago today, I lost my dad to cancer.  Stupid cancer.  I miss him a lot, and know that he is probably helping me every step of the way through this little battle.  I think back to when he would tell us about chemo and all the side effects.  Now, I'm right in the thick of it.   Sure love and miss my dad!

No comments: