Friday, February 21, 2014

It's the final countdown...

I had a different radiation treatment today.  They usually do a treatment on each breast (in two different spots), but now that I am down to the final 5, they are just focusing on the spot where they removed the cancerous lump.  It is such a relief to know that my armpits are done getting fried, and also, most of my chest.  The final 5 treatments will be focused in a very specific spot and they are going to get it good.  I'm pretty sure that spot is going to get the 1-2 punch.

My energy level is down, down, down and I am super tired.  In spite of that fact, I am THRILLED to be almost done.  4 more baby! (and then of course a 2 week after burn).

My goal of finishing The Book of Mormon in 45 days is almost complete.  In case you are confused--
here is an explanation from an earlier post...

The night before I started radiation, I was in bed thinking about how I didn't want to start radiation.  I was dreading it.  I was thinking about ways to make it a positive 45 days instead of negative.  The thought came into my head that I should read The Book of Mormon in 45 days.  I figured out that I would have to read 12 pages a day.  I well underway and will probably end up finishing the book before I'm done with radiation.  It's been a good experience.  It just seems like things flow and are easier to understand when you read more than one chapter at a time.

I'm happy to say that in 6 more days, I will have it done.  It's been a great experience.

1 comment:

Noelle and Corey said...

Your fatigue these last months reminds me a little of how some women feel through their pregnancies- multiplied about a thousand times. But if you keep in mind that it has an end point and that you are are ridding yourself of disease and bringing new, healthy life into your body, maybe there can is a brighter side. New hair coming in sounds like daffodils popping through the ground in spring. A new season of life for you. You are amazing and doing a great job hanging in there! Best wishes!!