Seventeen years ago this Valentine's Day, John and I got engaged. I cannot believe that it has been 17 years. It is just amazing how fast time zips by. First of all, yes, we got engaged on Valentine's Day. I thought that it was too predictable to get engaged on Valentine's Day, so I was definitely NOT expecting the proposal on that day. It was late on Valentine's Day and we had just eaten dinner. We drove home from school to my sister Lori's house. We sat and watched t.v. with Lori and Clay. John froze the wedding ring in an ice cube. As we sat and drank ice "diamond" water, Clay kept chomping on his ice and saying how much he loved to chew ice. He kept looking at me with a sheepish grin on his face. I was trying to figure out why Clay and Lori kept looking at me. Finally I bit into an ice cube and heard a "clank" at the bottom of the cup. I looked down in the glass and.......the rest is history.
I am lucky and grateful to be married to such a great guy, and here are 17 reasons why....
1. John is so patient and kind to me even when I am bossy and mouthy (I tend to get that way sometimes or I should say a lot of times.)
2. John has a way of making ALL people feel important. Several of his patients have told me that they love him and are going to go away on vacation with him. I just laugh and smile (only because they are old enough to be his mom or I would punch their lights out).
3. He is very unselfish.
4. John is a great dad and would do ANYTHING for his kids.
5. He works very hard to provide for his family.
6. John can make a mean Mexican dish. He is a great cook and my family rants and raves about some of the dishes he makes. They refer to him as "Juan-e-lingo".
7. He has a great smile and laugh.
8. He has a strong testimony of the gospel.
9. John likes to cuddle and hug his wife and kids. He is the official "back or arm tickler" for the kids. They feel loved. He is a pro at foot rubs for me!
10. John is very patient with the kids and is great about not "blowing his stack" unlike someone else who shall remain nameless.
11. He puts his family first before any of his hobbies.
12. John is very smart.
13. I liked him even when I knew him as Elder O (scandalous- ha ha)
14. Still gets jealous, and almost down right angry, when someone talks about an old boyfriend of mine.
15. Still likes to take me out on dates.
16. Kind, kind, kind
17. Still makes me laugh
Some old pics of waaayyyy back when...Just love the big bushy hair--Wowzers!