Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Majorly Freaked Out

On Conference Sunday, between sessions, Riley and Brynn made some kind of Haunted House in their bathroom. I'm not sure what they were even doing in there. I was upstairs and heard banging on the bath room door and screaming. The next thing I knew, Haley was running up the stairs screaming. I picked her up and held her for probably a good 10 minutes. Her whole body was shaking. I was ready to do some serious butt-kicking. (I guess I am a little protective of my sweet little 4 year old.) Maybe they just used the whole, "Haunted House trick" to scare the crap out of their little sister. They say that they did not mean to scare her that bad.

That night, during the middle of the night,(you know that great time when you are sound asleep) Haley woke me up and told me she was scared. Gosh, I can't imagine why?! That same routine took place every night for the next 8 days. Every night she would tell us that she was too scared to sleep in her room, and during the night would join us in our bed. We have a king size bed, so you wouldn't think that it is so bad. Unfortunately, Haley chooses to sleep right, right, right up against ME. Feel the love. It makes it rather hard to turn over...so I don't. Last night for some strange reason, she did not join us. I think that she was just overly tired from all the other crazy nights.

Gone are the days of peaceful sleep (at least for now). This picture makes me laugh. Haley thinks that she is still drinking out of a cup. Too cute.
Haley has now become my shadow around the house. She gets nervous when I leave the room and takes off after me. It is especially bad if I go downstairs or upstairs without her. PANIC BUTTON.

Today we had to run some errands. I ran upstairs to grab something I forgot. Haley took off after me. She happened to have a tamborine in her hand. When she ran, it made a huge racket that made her run faster, which made the tamborine louder, which made her run faster.....you get the picture.

I guess that someday Riley and Brynn will receive payback when their kids do the exact same thing. When they call me to tell me about it, I will just have to smile.

4 comments:

Heather Davies said...

She looks so cute in that picture! Love the bottle pose. That's sad that she is SO scared. I remember Curtis scaring me all the time when we were younger. He'd tell me something was behind me and run. I think it's the role of the older siblings to take joy in other's pain! Sorry you're losing sleep because of it! :)

The Story of Life said...

That is funny because Monica and Brian used to take pleasure in scaring me. Yes, I do think it is the "job" of the older sibling.

J and J said...

Poor girl. She'll be cured just in time for Halloween when it starts all over again. I think I would make my girls get up with her for scaring her so bad. Course then you would have three grouchy kids in the morning!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

ohhh...nothing gets your blood boiling faster than someone hurting your kids even if it is a sibling. Hope this ends soon for everyone's sake.