Grocery carts with one bad wheel.....
Cable man that says he will be there between 8:00 and 5:00....
Whiny children...
Fingers, scraping down the chalkboard....
Racing to the phone to find out that they are taking a survey...
Realizing there is no toilet paper in the bathroom....
"As seen on T.V." television commercials (Snuggie, Sham Wow)....
Sneezing or coughing while driving with a weak bladder....
Things that are annoying, things that give you high blood pressure, things that make you want to run into a brick wall. Yes, yes, and yes, they all make you feel that way. But the thing that I am describing is..........watching a 7th grade girls basketball game. Holy Frijoles!!
I went to one of Riley's basketball games last night. To paint a picture....they are 7th grade, they are girls, they are still learning how to run plays. They lack certain skills...shooting, rebounding, dribbling, NOT double dribbling....it is anxiety at its finest. In their defense...They have a great coach, they are trying, learning, and getting better, but it is still painful to watch. Okay, so I am a competitive person and should probably (in the words of Riley) "chillax".
I know that I am Riley's Mom, and mom's say these kinds of things, but I think that Riley is DEFINITELY one of the best players on the team. She got a lot of rebounds last night. She was fun to watch trying to cover two girls because another girl on the team...well you know. Riley's team ended up winning the game...10 to 8. Good job Riley!
I took pictures a couple of weeks ago at one of her games....
Atta girl Riley. Way to get that jump ball!
6 comments:
Woohoo!
Riley rocks! Heidi - chillax!
OK that annoying survey phone call pays the bills at my house! (don't tell Vaughn but they are annoying to me too). I can't believe how much Riley looks like you. Don't you just love to watch your children. I too have been told to chillax before.
Riley is such a baller. She looks great and coordinated. Gotta love jr. high sports!
That is so fun she is playing basketball. SHe looks so cute out there, definitely the cutest player on the team I am sure!!
That girl's got game! Nice pics!
Post a Comment