Thursday, September 27, 2012

Some people's children!

Yes, this mother that loves her children, is talking about HER children....Dain Bramaged children.  I cannot get over the things that transpired this morning.  Every time I think about it, I giggle.  I swear, it's a good thing I don't work (much) outside the house.  These people NEED me, I tell ya!

This post is a head scratcher.  How do it put it all into words.  There are so many details of what took place this morning that need to be included, and yet, you still might not be able to wrap your mind around it.

8:15 a.m.---Let me just start by explaining, John didn't have to be into work this morning.  At home, it was one of those we-are-running-behind-kind-of-mornings.  I made lunches for the kids and whisked Jace and Haley away to the Elementary school (driving John's car...with Riley and Brynn's lunches in hand.)  Not wanting them to be late, John hopped in the van and headed toward the Junior High and High School.  I whipped around the block, did a roll the window down, toss the lunches maneuver into the van window, John plopped both lunches in Riley's lap and away they went.  You with me so far?

So, now John is in route to drop the girls off at the schools.  First he drops Brynn off at the Junior High.  Second he takes Riley to the High School.  When she gets out, she laughs and teases John that Brynn forgot her lunch and now he has to drive back to the Junior High and deliver it.

8:30 a.m.---So John takes the lunch over to the Junior High.  He delivers it to the front office and tells them it is Brynn's lunch. 

10:00 a.m. ---Brynn calls to say that the lunch we dropped off is not hers.  She explains that she already has a lunch, and that lunch belongs to Riley.  So, now Brynn has 2 lunches! John and I are sitting at home saying, "What the crap, Riley!"

11:00 a.m.---John picks up the lunch he had JUST dropped off at the Junior High a couple of hours ago.  He explains to the office that our children are "special".  He then takes the lunch over to the High School office and tells them it is Riley's lunch.  John then heads to work.

11:30 a.m.---Riley calls me to say that the lunch we dropped off to her is NOT hers.  She said that it was Brynn's lunch.  At this point, I am thinking...I just have to say it...what the hell!?  Am I going nuts!?  Did I make 3 lunches?  Riley explained what was in each sack, and I knew then...WE JUST WENT TO THE JUNIOR HIGH AND TOOK THE ONE LUNCH THAT WAS THERE!!!  There was never 2 lunches there! 

So to recap, Brynn had 0 lunches, then she had 1 lunch, then she had 0 lunches, then she had 1 lunch.  Riley had 1 lunch, then she had 2 lunches, then she had 1 lunch.  This is like one of those annoying math story problems that you just want to blow your brains out after reading.

12:00 a.m.---I drove to the High School to get the 2nd lunch...

Riley + 2 lunches - 1 lunch = I am going to kick some butts. 
 
I took the lunch over to Brynn at the Junior High.  She is the culprit that started all of this.  She walked out to get the lunch with a sheepish grin.  How do you even get mad?  At this point, I can't stop laughing.
 
So that, my friends, was my morning.  Tomorrow they will be going to school with their lunches pinned to the front of their shirts.

Having said all that, I still love these little "toots" and would do anything for them!
 
“I try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face.”
Johnny Depp 


1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm truly glad I'm not the only one losing my everlovin' mind. :) Love this story. And glad you can keep a smile on your face!!