Friday, September 4, 2009

Holy Moley Part II

A few weeks ago I posted on how I was going to have some moles removed. I went to the dermatologist and had 5 moles removed, two of them came back abnormal. So I went in to have the two abnormal ones completely cut out. While I was there, Dr M (my brother-in-law) said that there were two on my stomach that looked like they needed to be cut out as well. He re-checked my arms, legs, feet, back, and crap.....I had to show him one on my....okay, I'll just say it...boob. Peek-a-boobie! Lucky me!! John says, "Luuuuucky him".

So, after MANY shots they were ready for the slicing. The assistant for Dr. M was a guy that dated my little sister. So, the room consisted of me, my mom, Dr. M, his assistant, and two nurses. I felt like "side-show Bob". They all got to see my beautiful back and gorgeous stomach, in all their glory. But, after you have had children...it's like whatever right? The surgery took about 2 1/2 hours. I walked out of there with fifty stitches underneath and 20-ish on top. Dr. M was very careful and very good. The next day I was very sore and could not stand up straight. It felt like the stitches were going to rip...So, I just stayed in bed all day. It sounds like fun to stay in bed all day, but it is actually painful. Painful in the fact that the kids keep moving full steam ahead with their messes, and painful physically. The stitches were on front and back, so I could only sleep on my side. Love those bed sores. John was good to keep me fed and do dishes. What a nice guy. It's hard when mom is "broke".

Jace kept coming in the room with a sad look asking me if I was going to die. What a sweet little boy to be so concerned.

Dr. M called me a couple of days ago with the results of the 4 moles that we cut out. He said that it was good that he cut the ones out of my stomach because they also came back abnormal.

The good news is...all the margins looked good on the 4 moles and he doesn't have to go back and cut more.

The bad news is...he will need to keep an eye on all the hundreds of other moles on my body...yes even the one on the boobie. Sheesh! John jokes that he will be taking me aside at all the family get togethers for a quick check. Haa haa John, you are too funny.

Glad to have that all done! I am feeling back to normal now. The stitches underneath take about a year to dissolve and the others about 2 months. But, I can now bend and twist my torso. It's all good!

4 comments:

NatureGirl said...

I love you very much. And you are a very funny lady. Even if you are "side show Boob" I mean Bob.

Rebecca Talley said...

I had one removed on my . . . boob, too. I go in every year for the mole check as does my husband since he's had skin cancer. Good for you to get it all checked out.

Slide Shoe Boob--that's a good one!

Tai said...

BOOB HOO!! So sad!! I am sorry it was so painful, and so fun to bare it and share it all!! Gotta love it! Also love Johns humor, wouldn't that be fun at family parties!!!! To look at the bright side, at least you are in good hands right??

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

Jace's comment asking if you were going to die is precious! Sounds like family get togethers are going to have a whole new meaning. At least Jon's okay with it. He'll probably want to have a peek too! Glad you're feeling better. Mole removal is never fun. You are a trooper Heidi!