Thursday, February 11, 2010

Mama said there'll be days like this....

Here is a little picture of me with my children. wink, wink.

(In a valley girl tone)...Oh my gosh, yesterday was just like totally crazy. Do you ever have those days? It seemed like we hit the ground running! The alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. John and Riley went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead with the youth in the ward. (Side note---the youth will be going to do this once a month for the year. I'm excited about that.) When the alarm went off I had a harrrrrrd time getting back to sleep. John reset the alarm for me and turned off the fan (fog horn prevention machine). We sleep with the fan going in the room so it will curtail that beautiful snoring sound coming out of my wonderful husbands, beak...fly trap...kisser...mouth. (Love ya hon) Only problem with turning the fan off...the alarm is still turned WAY up to he heard over the fan. Needless to say, when that alarm went off I LITERALLY hit the ground running. Nothing like a little adrenaline to get the morning going.

Got the kids off to school and started my normal morning routine. The phone rang and it was my friend reminding me of Pack Meeting tonight. I was like, "Tonight? I have that on my calendar for tomorrow." I was reminded that I needed to bring a cake and that they were going to be doing scout uniform inspections. Um, okay not really up to snuff there. After we hung up, I put a cake in the oven and went and got ready for the busy day ahead. When I took the cake out to cool it just kind of crumbled apart in several places. WHAT THE HECK? I greased the flippen pan! Why are you doing this to me, stupid cake? So, me with my OCD, decided to make another cake. Next cake in the oven...check. Cake out and off to the scout office to get a needed badge. Stopped off at John's office, thought it would be brief, ended up going to lunch. (Not complaining about that) Then straight to "The happiest place on earth", WalMart, so I could get icing and few other necessities. Busted home in time to fling the groceries upstairs...back to the car...off to the races. Went to the school picked up Jace...check. Next school, picked up Riley, Brynn...check. Drop off Brynn, Jace, Haley...take Riley to piano lessons...check. Dash home attempt to start sewing several badges on uniform, oh crap it's time to pick up Riley...check. Home just in time to take Brynn to basketball practice and Riley to the Junior High to watch a basketball game. Running out of time! By this time I was really under the gun and knew that I would not be able to accomplish all the remainder tasks and get to Pack Meeting prepared and on time. (Somewhere in the midst of all this crazy we managed to get homework done...go figure.)

I WANT MY MOMMY! WAAAA! You are right, I called my mommy. Superwoman to the rescue! That wonderful mom of mine offered to sew all the badges on. That gave me enough time to icing the cake and get to Pack Meeting slightly late, but there!

Am I glad that I am a mom? You bet. Am I glad that I get to stay home with my kids instead of working outside the home? You bet. Does it get a little stressful sometimes? You bet...Abso-freakin-lutely. But, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Our cake to take to Pack Meeting.

6 comments:

Heather Davies said...

Wow, that made me tired reading about your day! I just usually stay in the house all day and change diapers. :) Well done, and cute cake!

Brooke said...

wow, I think that just gave me a little anxiety :) What a day! Great cake!!

NatureGirl said...

And my guess is you managed to do all of this looking darn cute and packin' a smile to boot! You are my hero!!!

Robyn said...

Good job, Heidi - why in the heck do you think I only have two kids....I might just be committed if there were more to take care of....

dbwilding2000 said...

Heidi, Heidi, Heidi,

You MUST discover the magic of "BadgeMagic" - at the scout office - NO MORE SEWING BADGES!! I'm glad you made it through your day

Emily Andrus said...

Love how the cake turned out! I have had days that feel like that too. I'm glad you called your mom to the rescue. I wish we had some awesome back-up like that sometimes. That is so neat that your dad is a temple sealer. He will be perfect for that!