Monday, February 14, 2011

My head is SA-wimming!

***Disclaimer---This post is being typed by a EXTRA tired lady that is having a hard time seeing straight.  It may not make a whole lot of sense.

A few weeks ago I received a call from the Bishop's secretary asking me if John and I could come to the Bishop's office and meet with him. I have been the Laurel's Advisor in my ward for about 3 1/2 years, and I knew that it was about time to be released. We went in to the office and found out that he was extending a new calling to me to be the Young Women's President. I just wanted to say, "Come again Bishop!!"  I was a little shocked to say the least! I thought, "Wow, I have been in here for quite awhile. Those girls are probably pretty sick of me by now." I had lots of tears in my eyes as we spoke. It was quite on overwhelming feeling.

Yesterday at church they "officially" did all the sustaining and releases. I knew about this calling for 3 weeks before they sustained me (plenty of time to stew over it). Reason being...They re-did almost the entire Primary and all the Young Women's Leaders and it had quite the "trickle down" effect on all the different organizations.

WOW!  My life seems so incredibly busy these days, and Riley's schedule is giving her (and myself) a HUGE run for our money. As an example--(One of the days this week Riley will be)....

  • Waking up at 4:45 in the FLIPPEN a.m. getting ready and heading to Drivers Ed, clllllllleeeeeaaaarrrr across town from 6-8 a.m.
  • Heading straight to school until 3:30
  • Dash home, eat a snack, decompress, and MAYBE if she is lucky, get homework started. Usually she can't stay away and falls asleep for a few minutes.
  • Straight to piano lessons (in her basketball clothes mind you)
  • Already a few minutes late for practice---bust your butt to the school for Basketball practice
  • Home to cram food down throat, stress over getting the rest of homework done, and more then likely falling fast asleep....again.
  • Go BACK to drivers ed for a 3 hour drive. She will be in the car---driving for 1 hour and then 2 hours of observing other students.  I think I would DIE being in the car that long, just driving around town in circles....oh wait I do that all the time.
You have to remember that for all of these occasions, I am Riley's personal taxi, chef, alarm clock, nag--to keep her moving (not to mention my 3 other kids). It's exhausting I tell ya!!!  Especially when I can't fall back to sleep after waking her at 4:45.  You may be asking yourself....Why the CRAP does she go wake Riley up?  Doesn't Riley have her own alarm clock?  Why yes, she does.  She will have it turned on FULL BLAST and will just continue to sleep right through it.  Or, you may be wondering why I don't go back to bed after waking Riley and getting her out the door.  I DO, but more often then not, my mind starts thinking and thinking and thinking, and I just can't fall back to sleep for a good LONG time.

So now we have crazy schedule Riley on top of crazy Young Women's President.  So, if you see me in a corner sucking my thumb, you will know why.  I have to keep reminding myself that this crazy drivers ed schedule will be over this month.  AND that I have great ladies as counselors and advisers that will help this poor scatter-brained woman through the next couple of weeks.

I'm glad that I can serve in the Young Women's while I have 2 daughters in there.  And so far, my girls don't seemed too embarrassed by me.  Well, at least not all the time. :)  I can be a bit of a loud, wild woman at times!!

5 comments:

J and J said...

I love you Heidi! It does seem that when we can't handle a drip more of responsibility, we get a bucket load. Still haven't figured out why that happens that way. Maybe the Lord wants to be sure we have more than we can handle alone so that we will not hesitate to turn to him in our life. I love keeping up with your family and your craziness sounds all too familiar! You will be and amazing YW president. Those girls are lucky!

Par 5 said...

It seems to me that since you had your time as advior, you've got the whole YW thing in the bag! It'll be EASY! :)

Heather Davies said...

Send your kids our way! We will gladly play/hang out with them while you do your part time job as taxi driver! :)

Camille said...

Totally lucky girls to have you for a YW Pres! seriously! I'd take you in a heartbeat!

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

You'll be amazing Heidi. The girls are already used to your antics and are obviously roarin' for more. What a fun calling that is. Not a friend maker, but an amazing experience. Enjoy it and the tight relationships you are able to form. Congrats!