Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad



Today would have been my dad's 70th birthday. This year however, he is not here to celebrate it. He passed away a little over 7 months ago. There is not a day that goes by that we don't think of him, or are reminded of him in some way. His wife, 12 kids, sons and daughters-in-law, and 58 grand kids miss him like crazy.

For Christmas this last year, my sister Lori and her husband Clay sent Christmas cards with bracelets for EVERY family member. I loved the idea. There was a scripture included with the bands....

Helamen 5: 6-7
6--Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.


7--Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them.

Hopefully, we are doing just that! We all want to remember dad and make him proud. Happy Birthday Dad! We love and miss you!

1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

Happy birthday, Daddy! Miss you like crazy.