Thursday, June 12, 2014

Scattered thoughts and recent happenings

Schools out.  It's only been a few days and I have already threatened to kick some butts.  I'm just not one of these moms that allows a summer-free-for-all.  I totally get the fact that kids need a break and some down time, but they also need to work and gets things accomplished.  Sleeping in until noon, watching t.v., and laying out on the trampoline to get a tan--do not fall under the umbrella of getting something accomplished.  I really don't like to be a nag or bossy, but I will certainly wear that hat if I need to.

Riley and Brynn are both taking some online classes this summer.  Riley INSISTED last summer that she wanted/needed to take Pre-Calculus and Trigonometry through BYU Independent Study.  She needed to take these classes before her Junior year because she was signed up for AP Calculus in school and she needed to take these classes first.  She didn't even come close to finishing before school started.  Her Calculus teacher wasn't too excited about Riley being in her class because she hadn't completed the classes yet.  She got an A all three trimesters of AP Calculus and ended the year with a 4.146 GPA.  She's a smart cracker.  She has until July 4th to finish the BYU classes.  Ugh....more nagging from mom.  Riley also is preparing to take the ACT this Saturday.  I think she is frying her brain.  Brynn is taking an online Economy class.  I'm not totally sure what her GPA is, but I know that she finished with all A's.  Smart lady.  Where in the heck do these girls get their smarts?  From their dad....certainly NOT their mom.  She is just a smart alec and that is about it.

Jace and Haley are staying fairly busy with track and softball.  Jace is also preparing for Cedar Badge and Scout camp.

John and I recently celebrated our 22 anniversary.  When I say "celebrated" I mean the day came and went.  It happened to fall on the same day as the father and sons campout.  We will have to celebrate on a later date.
These are a couple engagement pictures.  Kind of hilarious.  My hair and clothing are hideous.  Speaking of hair, I got my first hair cut today!  It's SO nice having hair again!  My hair was starting to get poofy and looked a little like a bad wig.  I've decided to keep the short hair for the summer and try it out.  I might as well try all kinds of styles while I have the opportunity.

I am still SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY healing from my last surgery.  Walking and standing for awhile makes my insides want to be on the outside.  I'm not trying to be a whiner, but I'm getting pretty dang sick of it. Sometimes I walk around like I'm 105 years old.  I really want to start exercising, but it just hurts too much.  My sister suggested that maybe I start swimming.  I think that might be a great place to start.  The only problem is pouring this butterball turkey into her swimming suit.

3 comments:

Student said...

Hi! I'm a student who is interested in taking the Precalculus and Trigonometry course from BYU this summer. I was googling it and I came across your blog. From what you (or your daughter) have experienced, is it a good course and is it possible to finish in such a short amount of time? I know you're not an expert, but any feedback helps. Thanks!

Student said...

Hi! I'm a student who is interested in taking the Precalculus and Trigonometry course from BYU this summer. I was googling it and I came across your blog. From what you (or your daughter) have experienced, is it a good course and is it possible to finish in such a short amount of time? I know you're not an expert, but any feedback helps. Thanks!

The Story of Life said...

She has worked on the class a little throughout the last year. I think the class is tough when you have to teach yourself the concepts. I also think it depends on how well you do in math or like math. As far as finishing on time...we shall see! :)