Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School

Well, we are back to the grind stone. The 2010-2011 school year is officially in session!

We woke up the first day of school and Jace had a fever. I couldn't believe it. Nothing like starting the year off with a bang. So, I kept him home for the day. The second day of school, Riley left without taking her binder that she needs for every class. So, of course I had to run it to the school. Now here we are the 4th day of school and once again Jace is home with a fever. What the crap!! Great first week! Hope that tomorrow goes well! Also hope that this is not a sign of the school year to come. Seesh!

My kids all have such great teachers this year. I'm so excited to have them and know that they will do great things with my kids.

Haley is in love with Kindergarten already. She was not nervous for a second to march through the school doors. She was so ready and excited to go that I didn't even get teary eyed. John says that I am getting callused in my old age. I was just happy that she was happy.

Running to the car to head to school!!

Haley with her new teacher, Mrs. T.



The fun large teeth faze. Good thing he is so cute! I think that this will be a great year for Jace. We love his teacher! Jace has such a positive, happy attitude that she will love him too!


Brynn is the "6th grade big-woman-on-campus" this year. I can't believe that she is 6th grade and will be going into Young Womens in a couple of months! Whoa!!! SLOW DOWN!


It was so much easier to drop Riley off at the Junior High this year. Last year she walked in by herself and she had that "deer in the headlights" look on her face. I got teary eyed when I drove away. This year, I picked up one of her friends. When I dropped them off at the school, the car in front of me was my brother-in-law Clay dropping off Stockton (Riley's cousin). Riley just loves Stockton. The three of them hopped out of the cars and started talking and laughing. They didn't give us lame parents a second thought. I just had to smile and giggle a little as I drove away.

2 comments:

NatureGirl said...

Thank you for taking these RIGHT when I needed to prove to my kids that ALL the moms are doing it...
They are adorable!

Erin said...

Cute pictures. Hope Jace is feeling better, it's no fun to miss the actual week you want to go to school!