Tuesday, December 28, 2010

28 years ago today...

I am thinking of my brother Brian, who was killed in a snowmobile accident 28 years ago today.  I was reminiscing about past times with him, while I undecorated the Christmas tree today.  I was taken back to Christmas Eve 1982.  I remember laying on Brian's bed listening to his Chicago Album.  He loved that album and had comments for each song.  Brian played the trumpet, so he really liked the "Chicago" sound. Needless to say, that music with always remind me of him.  A couple of years ago I went to a Peter Cetera concert and just about bawled during several of the songs.

That Christmas Eve night in 1982, Monica, Brian, and I were laying on his bed listening to "Love Me Tomorrow".  He insisted that we listen to it in the dark.  His bedroom had no windows and so the room was pitch black.  I think he wanted us to listen to it without any distractions.  He always had the music completely cranked up, so that we wouldn't miss anything.  Click here for song

This year however, Brian and my dad have both been on my mind.  I'm sure that they were incredibly happy to be together for Christmas this year.

This picture was taken just a couple of days before Brian was killed.  It was the last family picture with him in it.  Brian is in the middle row---yellow shirt with the blue jacket.  To read an older post about Brian click here...http://whatacrackup.blogspot.com/2008/12/26-years-ago.html

4 comments:

Dr. John Owen said...

Heidi is in the lower right corner...what a cutie!

NatureGirl said...

I imagine your dad and Brian are unbelievably happy to be together again. What a blessing is knowledge!

Yes, Dr. J...she is a beauty!!!

Robyn said...

Love it!

ellen said...

I just read your post about the accident. It's tough to lose a sibling (my brother died of brain cancer 12 years ago). I hope you have felt some peace and comfort this time of year and smiled at some of the good memories you have.