The evening of my birthday, I received many phone calls from my brothers and sisters. While I was talking on my home phone, my cell phone was ringing. I happened to miss a call from my brother Kevin. When I went to see who called, the cell phone was showing that I had 2 new messages. The first message was from my dad. For some strange reason an old message on my phone had come through as a new message. The call took place when my dad was in the hospital. He said many things, and that he was wondering what was happening at home. The next message was the new message from Kevin. I had to call my mom and tell her that dad had called me from heaven to wish me a Happy Birthday. I cannot figure out how that old message got put in with the new message, but it was a nice surprise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night we had our annual Christmas caroling hay ride. We have been doing this for many many years. My dad has almost always been the driver of the hay ride. Last year he insisted on driving, even though it was a very cold night and he wasn't feeling all that well. I thought a lot about him last night.
It was a good night to do carol because it was warm and the roads were dry. We met at my sister Lynette's house. We had a good time visiting and eating dessert before we headed out to carol. The kids were full of energy and we all had a great time.
After caroling we came home and went to bed. During the night I had a dream about my dad. I dreamt that I was standing in the kitchen and the phone rang. It was my dad on the phone calling me from heaven. As dreams are--half the time you can't remember all the details when you wake up. But, I do remember that he sounded very happy. In the dream he said to me 2 different times how wonderful the funeral was. He also said to me 3 different times in the dream, how he couldn't believe how great his legs felt. I called my mom this morning to tell her about my dream. She teased me that it wasn't fair that he called me and not her. I told her that he would probably be calling to talk to her soon.
6 comments:
What a wonderful surprise for Christmas. How nice to hear from your Dad.
And Merry Christmas to your family!!!!
What a sweet Christmas story...one you will never ever forget. Who knows, maybe it WAS him calling from heaven.
Heidi, I choose to belive those 'calls' or dreams are not by accident. There's a HUGE picture in place that I don't think ANY of us have any idea how it all works together.
Thanks for sharing. I got goosebumps! Love it!
Happy Late Birthday Heidi! What a blessing from your dad! Those dreams aren't by accident! I love your Christmas traditions. Your big family seems like a blast! Merry Christmas to the Owens!
Yeah well he better not be "calling" her soon!!! (If you know what I mean). I want a message from heaven, too!! Love the pictures!
What a blessing...Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment