We spent our time in Utah going to the Church Museum, shopping, seeing the lights on Temple Square, eating out, swimming in the pool, and going to the concert. Can I just say that the concert was AMAZING. What a great way to start the Christmas season.
| Visiting the Church Museum |
| Riley is posing like she is giving quite the sermon. |
| The size of the sleeping quarters for those that traveled to America by ship. |
The picture above is of President Brigham Young. I don't quite know how to explain it, but every time I see his picture, I feel like I know him. I know that sounds completely crazy, but I feel some kind of a tie to him...almost like we are related. You are thinking, wow, this lady is nuts! I guess I will find out someday why I feel that way. I do know that my great grandpa worked closely with him helping the saints cross the plains. So, while visiting the museum I had to take a picture of him.
| Love this saying! |
| Love this saying too! |
| The lights at Temple Square we just beautiful! |
| I can't believe how many people were at Temple Square going to view the Christus. What a great thing to see at Christmas time. |
The choir, dancers, orchestra, bells, etc were AMAZING!
President Monson came to the concert and when they announced that he was there, people gasped and stood up quietly while he walked in and sat down. I labeled the picture where he sat.
We made sugar cookies on Christmas Eve day to leave out for Santa. I think that Haley had more flour on her dress then on the cupboard.
We spent Christmas Eve night at my mom's house. We sang songs, and acted out the Nativity. Due to the number of grandchildren we had SEVERAL angels, shepherds, and other participants. It was a bit loud and hectic at times, but what can you expect with that many kids! They all seemed to have a great time.
| My sister Monica sat in dad's place and read Luke 2 to us. |
Santa took time out of his busy schedule to pay us a visit. Most the kids were VERY excited to see him. Some of the little ones were a little frightened. I was so busy taking pictures that I didn't take the time to sit on his lap this year. He was good to me anyway on Christmas day.
| Riley and some of her cousins were coming up with some crazy things to ask Santa for. Funny girl! |
We had a program that night and Riley played the piano. She didn't really want to, but her mean mom made her. Brynn played a violin song and Jace sang along with her. I didn't get a chance to take a picture of it because I was helping Jace sing. He was a bit nervous to do it alone.
| Stan read one of the Christmas stories that dad usually read. It was/is a tradition. |
Helamen 5: 6-7
6--Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words. Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.
7--Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them.
It was a very different Christmas without my dad. We still carried on all of the traditions, but it just wasn't quite the same without him here. We sure miss him.

2 comments:
Man, I'm so jealous you went to David Archuletta! It looks like it was an awesome production!
Also, I love the pics from Christmas Eve. It was a good celebration and a nice tribute to dad.
I love to read your posts. Sounds like your family has had a great Holiday!
Post a Comment