Monday, January 24, 2011

2 week weigh in....

I'm sure you have all been waiting on pins and needles, wondering about how I am doing in my "Biggest Loser" Challenge.  Okay, so maybe I am full of crap and nobody gives a dang.  But, I am going to post my two week weigh in results anyway.  My first weigh in, I lost 8 pounds.  (Just a little bit of trivia---the average human head weighs 8 pounds.)  Now, I MUST mention that it is only the teeny tiny tip of the LARGE iceberg.  (If you have NO flippen clue what Biggest Loser Challenge I am talking about click here.)  Brynn told me tonight that my face isn't as round as it used to be.  I just wanted to say, "Why thank you sweetums.  Come here so mama can kick your butt!"  Kids just always know what to say.  Tee hee. 
For the first weigh in, I came in 9th place out of 37 girls.  It is a start, I guess.  I don't think people really notice you have lost weight until you have lost more then 20 pounds.

The girl that is in charge of the challenge sent all the participants this email, and I thought it was pretty cool...

I just thought I would send all of you this fun fact! I thought it would be fun to keep a running total of weight loss and percentages for the men's team and the women's team. Not part of the contest....but just fun to see!
  • WOMEN: Lost a total of 130.2 pounds today with a percentage of 2.67%
  • MEN: Lost a total of 113.4 pounds today with a percentage of 3.48%
WOW....all together you lost a total of 243.6 pounds in 2 weeks!!! You are all awesome!!!

I hope I can continue on with full force!  It's kinda hard when you are an old fart.

5 comments:

lindygirl said...

Congrats! That is great news!

Jill said...

I SO should've joined in the competition. i didn't realize how big it is! And you're so right about nobody noticing until you've lost at least 20....
Keep it up!! Sounds like you're doing great.
And I'm glad you still have your head attached...that would just be creepy to actually lose it!
;)

Erin said...

Great Job!!!!!!

attack of The Mouse said...

I'm proud of you.

Curtis & Nichole said...

In words of Curtis to Kumorah, "lets do the "celebrate, celebrate" song" :)
Awesome keep up the hard work, and get some better sleep:) hehe