Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Biggest Loser Competition


A friend of mine recently posted information on Facebook about a Biggest Loser Competition in my area.  The invitation went out to anyone that was interested in entering.  I went back and forth in my mind as to whether I wanted to enter or not.  I didn't want to even mention it to anyone until I knew if I was committed or not.  First of all---YES, I NEEDED to enter but at the same time, I was very afraid of failing miserably!  I am also a completely competitive person.  When I play, I play to win.  John thinks it is very funny to watch me compete.  I'm not sure where I got such a competitive streak, but it's there in bright bold colors. 

What to do what to do..........So yes, on Friday I went and paid my $25 and did my "official" weigh in.  It was a bit humiliating, but done very private.  Only the girl recording my weight actually got to see the BIG LARGE NUMBERssssssss staring her in the face. 

When I first got there, there were several people there to be weighed in.  I'm sure that I walked in the door and instantly had a puzzled look on my face.  All the girls were quite thin, and really didn't look like they even had a pound to lose.  I just wanted to tell them to make their $25 check out to me. 

To paint a picture---I showed up to the big weigh in, in a big unflattering "puffy coat", wearing John's old sweats and yesterday's makeup.  Did I mention that I was UN-showered?  On a side note...my teeth were brushed...give me SOME credit!  I'm sure I made quite the impression to all the girls in the house.  OOOOOh boy.  When we were done weighing in, I did the "walk of shame" out to my car. 

I must say that it has kind of been a rough couple of days.  My body is asking me why I am up and moving and not sitting down with a Mountain Dew in my hand. 

Thank HEAVENS I have an app on my phone that completely helps me keep track of EVERYTHING.... calories, workout, water, etc.  It does the works baby, and I don't know if I could be so diligent without it.  I think it has inspired John and all the kids to be a little more active, which is a good thing for us all.

I'm not so sure that I even have a chance in this competition, but I feel like if I can keep working towards my goal, I have already won.

4 comments:

NatureGirl said...

Rest assured that if it was the cute North Face "puffy coat" that it is not unflattering...we all know the puffy is the coat and not you.

And trust me, the more you move the more your body will ask you "why are you just sitting here silly!?" Moving more is good for all of us!

Happy New Year!!

Erin said...

Good Luck!!!!! Vaughn and his brother are both working on this too. The best part is that if they both reach their goal our families get to go to Disneyland!

J and J said...

I think it's awesome that you are doing this! The only one who loses is the one who excepts their weaknesses and does nothing to change them. What an example for your family!! Good Luck!!!!!!

Emily Andrus said...

Awesome Heid! Good luck? Gee, I can't think of any other Andruses who are competetive?!? My friend has hosted 2 rounds of on-line biggest loser and many of my friends and their friends and family have lost a lot of weight. That phone app sounds awesome. Good luck and keep us posted. I hope all the girls are giving you their checks!