Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Weekend

Memorial Day was sure different this year.  Last year we went and visited several different graves with my dad, and this year we were visiting his grave.  It still just doesn't seem real!  There are so many times that I am visiting my mom and just expect my dad to come walking through the door.  So often I will see someone that looks like my dad, and I will do a double take.  I always feel like dad is always "peeking in" on us, maybe that is why I still feel like he is around.

I took this picture the day they placed the headstone.  (Good thing they finally got it in the RIGHT spot).  It was taken before they placed the beautiful vases on the sides.  To read more about this post click here.
We went to several different cemeteries on Sunday, so that we could enjoy some family time on Monday.  As usual, it was a chilly visit to the cemetery.  We are most definitely still dealing with cold spring weather, sure doesn't feel very "spring like".  The good thing is we knew it was going to be cold, so we dressed appropriately....winter coats, hats, etc.

Monday we went to my mom's house for a pot luck.  We ate and played the game "Say Anything".  We had a blast playing that game and were laughing hysterically at times.  The grand kids played hard both inside and outside.  A few pictures from the day.........




Monday was also John and I's anniversary.  We have been married for 19 years.  He has had to put up with this opinionated, ornery old woman for that long!  He deserves a medal!  We celebrated our anniversary on Saturday night by going out to dinner.  We knew that it would be a busy Monday, so we took advantage of our Saturday night.  I must say that I am very lucky to be married to such a great guy.  I feel very blessed!
Now that is one PUFFED sleeve!

1 comment:

Jill said...

We sat a few minutes at your dad's headstone on Monday, Heidi. It is beautiful! We were there visiting Peggy and my Great Grandpa Andrus. (Little Grandpa). We saw Brian's as well. My brother Matt didn't know about him or his story. It was interesting telling him. He passed away two years before Matt was even born.
Anyway-I Loved the headstone and was grateful to see it.
On a side note-he was quoted in our sacrament meeting on Sunday. He touched so many people's lives.
And yes-that is one puffy sleeve. :) Love it.