Also, I have tendonitis in my right shoulder. I have had a great deal of shoulder pain for several months. I am not sleeping well at night because of it. Recently, I went to an orthopedic surgeon and he sent me to a physical therapist. So, twice a week I go to physical therapy for my shoulder....and I limp in with my hurt left foot.
My foot has been so tender lately, and I noticed that there were sores starting to form on top of the scar tissue. I finally made an appointment with a podiatrist to see if
there was something that could be done about my foot.
I went to my appointment today with a dark cloud following me all the
way there. I had this sick feeling that
he was going tell me that there wasn’t anything that could be done with that
amount of scar tissue and that I also had permanent nerve damage. I was kind of prepared for some crap-crappy
news. Wow, what a real
glass-is-half-empty-bad-attitude.
The doctor came in the room, took one look at the bottom of
my foot and instantly knew what was wrong, and how to fix it. HALLELUJAH!!!!! He said the sores on top of the scar tissue were a Porokeratoma. Porokeratoses are HARD, rock-like calluses (sweat
glands that are plugged up with callus tissue).
I had two of them on the ball of my foot. So it was like walking on 2 little rocks
everywhere I went. Barefoot on a hard
floor was torture. He then proceeded to
get a instrument and gently carve the “little rocks” out of my
foot. Was it painful? Yes, a little….BUT,
totally-absolutely-worth-it! He also assured
me that in probably in about a year, my scar tissue should be much better, and the
nerves in my foot will be too.
Now I'm going to work hard to get my shoulder fixed, so I can become active again! Things are looking up! I'm so grateful!
Now I'm going to work hard to get my shoulder fixed, so I can become active again! Things are looking up! I'm so grateful!
No comments:
Post a Comment