Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Talk on Time


It seems like there has been so many different things going on that I have not been able to post about this yet. On February 23, my dad spoke at a BYU-I Devotional. The talk was titled, "The Precious Commodity we call Time".

Before the devotional, we had lunch with the President of the college, President Clark and his wife. We sat around a huge table and ate an amazing lunch. It was nice to be able to sit and visit with President Clark, and all those that were there. The table in the room was really cool. It was kind of diamond shaped so that everyone could see each other at the table. I think there was a total of 22 of us sitting around it. (I wanted to take lots of pictures, but my arm was hurting so bad that I was lucky to get the few that I did.)

I stole these next two pictures from my brother Jared. Thanks Jared! This table is way bigger then it looks in the picture.
Notice how they made a Y under that FABULOUS piece of pie.


After lunch we walked over to the Hart gym and they had reserved seats for us. As I sat there and waited for it to start, I had butterflies in my stomach. I was nervous for my dad and wondered how nervous he was. When he got up to speak he was NOT nervous at all. Or at least he didn't appear to be. I think he has given a million talks, so what is another one, right?

Waiting for the devotional to start.

My dad and his brother Heber.
My parents had lots of young men and women come up and talk to them afterwards. I think a lot of them were missionaries that served with my parents when they were serving as Mission President. It was fun to see how excited they were to see each other.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

What a special experience for you and your family! I LOVE to listen to devotionals. Here's a link if you'd like to read the talk or listen to it--if you don't mind me sharing. http://www.byui.edu/Presentations/Transcripts/Devotionals/2010_02_23_Andrus.htm
Great talk with wonderful reminders to all of us.