Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Dogs Are Barking


Tuesday night the YM/YW were combined for our Mutual activity. We played a game in the gym, (kind of like a game of lacrosse), that required each of us to have an empty gallon milk carton with the bottom cut off. The rules were...you had to use your milk carton as your "lacrosse stick" and get a tennis ball in a small crate that was taped on each side of the gym as a goal. You couldn't touch the ball with your hand and you could only throw the ball from behind a certain line.

I opted to play with the youth. I feel like it is a good way to get to know them better. Good thing I wore my running shoes right? During the game, I was lucky enough to score a goal. We played the game for quite awhile and at the end, the score was tied 3 to 3.

At that point they announced that we were going to play sudden death. That meant that each team player would get one chance to try and score a point for their team. Each person went one at a time and had to throw the ball from behind the basketball 3 point line. I'm such a lucky sucker...I'm the only one that ended up scoring in sudden death and our team won. Too stinkin funny! I guess the moral of the story is...Don't mess with Sister O.

The next morning when I woke up, my feet were killing me. Well, it was mostly my heels. I'm not sure why. I must just be getting old. Good times!

3 comments:

Emily Andrus said...

Nice Heid! You just took your coolness to new levels with those kids I'm sure. Counting down to the big Florida adult trip. Can't wait. :)

Heather Davies said...

I can just picture it! You will always be a studly powder puff quarterback in my eyes, so this is no surprise that you won the game!
P.S. I might have to steal this idea for a YM/YW activity--sounds like fun!
P.S.S. Hurray for FLORIDA!!

NatureGirl said...

She was scratchin' and biting kids... it was awesome! She kicked their tiny teenage tails...no luck involved... pure skills H...you got game!