Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Aloha baby!

This May will be the big 20th Anniversary for John and I.  Can't believe that it has really been 20 years.  Wow.  Give that man a metal for putting up with this woman for 20 years!  For the last couple of years, I have been asking John what we were going to do for our 20th Anniversary.  The usual, customary plan is, go to dinner, go home.  That is all fine and dandy, but I wanted to DO something different for the 20th!  We really didn't have any firm plans until this...

February 18th, 9:38 pm I got a text from my brother-in-law...
Want to go to Hawaii in Apr or May with us?

I didn't see the text until the following morning.  It was a Saturday night and I needed to hit the hay early because I have early church meetings.  Tired mama=grouchy mama.  "If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy."

The next day (Sunday) during sacrament meeting, my phone started vibrating in my scripture bag.  Thank heavens I had it on vibrate. :)  I looked and noticed it was Bob calling...I was sure it was regarding his text the night before.  So, yes, I texted back.  I know, it was during sacrament meeting, don't judge. 

My text to him...
I just saw your text this morning.  We are at church right now.  That would be such a blast!!!  John and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary in May...that would be a great way to celebrate!  I think it just depends on the $$$.  I will call you after church.

His reply to me...
OK.  When your taking the sacrament don't be thinking about beaches, sunsets, or palm trees.

Me...
Ha ha ha!!  Too late!

So, YEEEEEEEES, we are going to Hawaii in May.  Never been before.  Very excited!  Now we are getting little random texts from Bob and Lisa telling us they have booked a rental car, what the current temperature in Hawaii is that day, etc.  We. Are. VERY. EXCITED! 

For now, we are left counting that days until these pasty white Idaho bodies are lounging on the beaches of Hawaii.  I'm quite certain that we may blind a few people with our chalky, frosted, milky, pasty, pearly, limbs. 
 Booya!

2 comments:

lindygirl said...

How exciting!!! You two are a great couple, a good example of what a marriage should be. Love you both!

Par 5 said...

Well, if Hawaii doesn't work out, you're welcome to visit Blanchard ID. It's probably as nice as Hawaii, but we've got an awesome EZ Stop (mini-mart AND gifts) and just down the road in our neighboring town, there is a Linger Longer Lounge (with Sunday Jam Sessions--and what Andrus descendent doesn't love a "Jam Session"?) If you change your mind, let me know. ;)