Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Live Bravely

It seems like it has been one thing after the next since my second round of chemotherapy.  I went into the doctor the week after chemo feeling very lousy.  I was all stuffed up and run down.  My mom drove me there, because I was feeling so crappy.  I had to laugh out loud at myself as I was walking in to the building.  I was a fashion disaster!  A little description of my ensemble... Brown hat, black jacket, blue sweats, and brown boots.  Oh MY!  I was too sick to care.  I was not dressed to impress!  I had a good laugh with the nurse, making fun of myself.

I was put on an antibiotic, and the day I finished the last pill I developed an ear infection and thrush.  I went back in and was put back on the antibiotic.  The thrush medicine is just terrible.  It takes me about 10 minutes to convince myself to take it, and when I do I gag so hard I almost pee my pants.  Pure entertainment......for others. 

I've also been having an allergic reaction for the last 4 mornings.  I cannot figure out what in the heck is causing it!  It's a killer!
Tomorrow is Round 3 of chemo!  It makes me nervous to start the next round of chemo because I'm not feeling that great.  I also know what I am in for!  OHHHH, chemotherapy is not for wimps!  It is a little torcher treatment.  Tomorrow I will be HALF WAY DONE with chemo! 

My brother sent me a picture on Sunday.  He is showing his support.  Before...
and After...  We are twins!  


Sunday was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  The night before General Conference I was feeling beaten down and overwhelmed.  Sometimes this breast cancer tries to get the best of me.  That night, I prayed that something would be said during conference to boost me and help me get back my positive attitude.  President Monson's talk was JUST FOR ME.  I really needed to hear his positive message.  I couldn't stop the tears as I listened to him and it was as if he was speaking right to me.  What a blessing!  If you missed it, you need to hear it or read it.  Go HERE!  He read a poem in his talk that I just loved!
Yesterday morning my sister Monica came over and helped me clean my house and make dinner.  She also called all my sisters and had them pick a day to bring dinner over.  What a saint!  I don't know what I would do without my wonderful sisters!  They are such a blessing in my life!
Yesterday afternoon my cousin sent me this picture...
The Timpanogos girls soccer team played another game and dedicated the game to me and another person named Owen that is battling cancer.  The won the game 6-0.  It was so nice of them!!  More about the team HERE!

Last night I had John "Bic" my head.  It feels so much better.  Last night, I was able to put my head on my pillow with no little sharp prickly hairs.  That was getting so uncomfortable.  I am now officially Kojak.

3 comments:

J and J said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
J and J said...

Been thinking of you so much. I thought of you during Conference also and some of my other friends who are facing life crisis! So grateful for the Power of God to help our loved ones when we are too far away to help. I'm so glad you have your wonderful family and loved ones close. Hang in there. So many people are praying for you; ;)

The Story of Life said...

Thanks Jill! Love you!