Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A year ago...today

One year ago today, I was sitting at my daughter’s softball game, waiting on pins and needles for a phone call from my doctor.  I had a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that the news was not going to be good.  When the phone rang, I jumped up from the bleachers and ran to the fence, so I could have a little privacy.  “We got the results back…it’s cancer”, I heard her say, and suddenly the baseball park started to spin and I could no longer focus on what she was saying.  I handed the phone to my husband and started to cry.  I asked myself, "How can this be possible?"  I worried about my 4 kids.  I worried about the future.  Suddenly I couldn't see into the future.

I always thought I had a pretty good idea what cancer was all about (because of what my dad went through)—but it’s been a lot harder going through it then I could have ever imagined.  I have shed more tears this past year then I can count.  It has been my ultimate test, causing me to dig deep down inside for strength and positivity.  Cancer has completely changed me.  It has made me redefine my priorities. It’s made me realize that some things are important…and other things are not.  It has taught me that life is short.


I have been blessed with angels here on the earth, and in heaven, that have helped and supported me through this trial.  Couldn't have done it without them.
I have prayed constantly and more fervently.  I have completely relied on my Heavenly Father for help and strength, and he has blessed me and sustained me.

No comments: