Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pinewood Derby

We just recently had the annual Pinewood Derby in our ward.  I remember going to the Pinewood Derby as a kid with my brother Brian.  My dad always spent a lot of time getting his car tuned up just so.

Jace picked out what he wanted his car to look like and was "helper" to John.  John was in charge of the Pinewood Derby this year and had to weigh in cars and set up the track.

After several races and when it was all said and done, Jace's car took 1st place.  He was quite pleased with the outcome.  I could see his anxiety when they were announcing the finals.  He could hardly even sit still.  The look on his face was priceless.  Jace would have been happy with any outcome,  but it was nice to have him win this year and give him a boost of confidence.  He is a great kid!

1 comment:

Heather Davies said...

I love this kid! He is so stinkin' cute!