Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas From Our House to Yours!

What a wonderful time of year!  As I have been busy shopping, etc. I have reflected on why we get so busy and hurried this time of year.  It seems to me that we have Christmas so backwards now days.  It is Christ's birthday that we are celebrating and we are worried about what we are getting or what we are giving to someone else.  I have had a song running through my head the last couple of days.  It is one of my favorite Christmas songs.  To me, it says it all...


“There is no better time than now, this very Christmas season, for all of us to rededicate ourselves to the principles taught by Jesus Christ,” President Monson said. He spoke of witnessing the annual commercialization of Christmas, of seeing Christmas become less about Christ and more about sales, parties, and presents.

And yet, President Monson said, “Christmas is what we make of it. Despite all the distractions, we can see to it that Christ is at the center of our celebration. If we have not already done so, we can establish Christmas traditions for ourselves and for our families which will help us capture and keep the spirit of Christ.”

I am beyond grateful for my Savior and for the many blessings he gives me daily.



No comments: